Do you watch Serie A?

Associate
Serie A was my favourite league back in the good old days of Football Italia on Channel 4. While it still has some great players and teams, it simply doesn't compare with depth of talent it had back then. The likes of Baggio, Vialli, Ravanelli, Weah, Savicevic, Batistuta, Boksic, Zola, Chiesa, Balbo, Fonseca, et al.

Soldato
I watch it now because I want value from my espn package! It's decent but I don't think the quality is amazing at the moment.

Associate
I watch a lot of football, thanks to Online services from Betfair and various others as well as satellite channels.

I however cannot stand to watch most Italian League games. For me it has gone down hill rapidly, you get teams full of OAPs up against young upstarts and they just frankly are not exciting. Admittedly you get those same games in all leagues Liverpool Villa 0-0 a few seasons ago was a paint drier.

Associate
I watched it years ago on Football Italia on C4 when it was a very superior league. Not really any more. Our league is much more exciting in my eyes. Plus they're like the Spanish and Portugese, i.e. dirty great simulators.

Same as this.

Now I don't have the time to watch it. I find it so boring some times.

Associate
Football Italia on c4 used to rock! James Richardson was the presenter! Sitting in a piazza somewhere sipping at a espresso with a newspaper, he was the most sophisticated football fan this country has ever produced! Perhaps the only Englishman we could have sent to Italy and relied upon not to fill said piazzas with vomit :D :D

I do still watch Italian league highlights/the occasional live game. My opinion of Italian football is that it has been the hardest hit of the big European leagues in the financial crisis, and perhaps there aren't as many marquee big names as there used to be in the 90s. It has lost a bit of its glamour if we're being brutally honest.

I do intend to watch the league more this season, primarily to see Benitez spectacularly end Inter's league winning streak (I already lol'd lots at the UEFA Super Cup). AC Milan will be an interesting proposition again with Ibrahimovic and possibly Robinho thrown into the mix, Roma are going to be right up there and Juve have been spending big so ought to improve on last season. Those 4 teams should provide a more entertaining fight than La Liga at any rate, which this season is all about El Clasico and not much else...

Last edited:
Associate
Interesting..

Zlatan, Robinho and Ronaldinho all in the same lineup.

Milano's night clubs will be sponsoring Milan soon enough.
They should do quite well though with Pato up top aswell and looking like he's back to full fitness after his injury ridden few years with Milan.

They still need a defense though, Without Nesta they're crap.

Associate
OP
Yep - big Milan fan here. Do you support any team in particular Sweey?

Milan here too :)

Interesting..

Zlatan, Robinho and Ronaldinho all in the same lineup.

Milano's night clubs will be sponsoring Milan soon enough.
They should do quite well though with Pato up top aswell and looking like he's back to full fitness after his injury ridden few years with Milan.

They still need a defense though, Without Nesta they're crap.

Thiago Silva is an excellent defender. He's not Nesta but he's more than capable. The full-back areas are a concern though - Antonini aside we're weak.

Back
Top Bottom