No Power LED on MoBo

Associate
Went to turn the PC on one day and nothing, no light on the mother board either yet there is light in the PSU at the back saying its receiving power from the mains.

I took it all apart last night with only the PSU cpu+fan and 1 stick of ram and still nothing.

Im guessing its either got to be the mobo or the psu which is really annoying as i dont have any spare parts to play with.

I tried powering up my PSU by connecting the green and black with some spare wire I had and nothing but im not sure if I was doing this correctly anyway.

Next steps of action? (have already eyed up OCZ StealthXStream 2 600W Power Supply [OCZ600SXS2] as its cheap)

Associate
OP
I have used 2 different plugs and sockets, also the PSU is receiving power as it has an off off switch at the back of it which is also a light and thats on, just not powering mobo.

Associate
OP
ok, i can accept this if this is what it is.

firstly: i will try jumping it again tongiht - just to make sure im not being an idiot, i get any conducting peice of wire (will chop up an old phone charger) and connect green to the black next to it, turn the power on and the fan in the PSU should turn

secondly: which PSU (no need to spend loads because its an old rig and prob doesnt take that much power.) OCZ StealthXStream 2 600W is on offer for rest of today - any good?

Associate
hmmm i`d buy another psu rather than test it incase i electrocuted myself lol.. as long as you are a electrican by trade try it, but unless you know all the ins and outs of the psu watch yourself.

the worse thing that could happen are
(A) you end up in hospital
(B) start a fire
(C) blow the fuse
(D) cause a large drain on the power supply for your area.

only kidding (D) would never happen.... could it

Associate
OP
unlikely, i didnt mean trip it as in break it i meant fire it up, just never done it before.

anyone got any ideas on what new one i should buy - (no need to spend loads because its an old rig and prob doesnt take that much power.) OCZ StealthXStream 2 600W is on offer for rest of today - any good?

Back
Top Bottom