Company of heroes - Steam weekend sale

Don
This game will run on very old systems

It was playable on a P4 3.2ghz, 2gb, gf4 ti4400 machine that I had -on low

Plus it looks great on new systems, scales very well

Associate
Absolute steal at those prices. One of the best rts games out there and the SP campaign is indeed mega fun. I bought all of them at release and they were worth every penny and more at their full price.

Associate
I was thinking of getting Tales of Valor, got the other two not on steam - will I be able to add those to this steam version?

Edit: Just noticed... If you want all 3 it is cheaper to buy the Gold pack for £3.74 and Tales of Valor on it's own for £2.49 totalling at: £6.23 saving you a massive £1.26 and with all that extra cash you could buy 126 penny sweets! OR if you have saved money from this information you may feel generous and buy 75 penny sweets and then use the remaining 51p to buy a second class stamp for a large letter and send 37.5 of your penny sweets to me! Excellent!

Last edited:
Soldato
*sigh* I really should go back and keep at the original. I eventually gave up when i realised just how bad i was at the game while doing singleplayer, or maybe i was just being defeatist ><

But these games are fricking huge... will take forever to dl at 512 speed.

Soldato
To raise your cap you need to get more control points and maybe some of the buildings help as well(?) Can't remember, it's been years since i played it.
If you remove the cap the game will become easy. I thought the cap was one of the best bits about the game.

Soldato
This is a bargain - still one of the best games out there at the moment imo! :D

To answer a few queries from this thread:

- Its worth getting at this price even though CoH Online is on the way, mainly because there is no single player in the online version so you cant play co-op against the AI, plus I understand the online version will have in-game DLC that will cost you!

- The first game IS the best but the 1st add-on gives you 2 extra armies to choose from, British army and Panzer Elite I believe.

- The 2nd add-on doesnt add any extra units but it does give you about 4 new multiplayer modes, although all players have to have ToV to play them!!

To summarise, if you have the CD version of this game - STILL BUY THIS!!! Its worth a couple of quid of anyones money just to not have to faff around with the MASSIVE patches and updates you have to plough through since Steam does it all for you!

Hope this helps.....

StevieP

Soldato
To raise your cap you need to get more control points and maybe some of the buildings help as well(?) Can't remember, it's been years since i played it.
If you remove the cap the game will become easy. I thought the cap was one of the best bits about the game.

I know, but I like Skirmish games that last hours. I like turtling and having a chokepoint in the middle of the map where I can keep the enemy at bay and make my base look are pretty. The cap annoys me as once you have enough sectors to get a decent force you easily win anyway.

Associate
In regards to the cap, me and a friend downloaded a modification which gives lots of new units and also removes the cap, its great for when we play against the ai as there are massive onslaughts of men, talking like 15 squads of Volksgrenadiers charging at you.
As for tanks, 15 Panthers is a formidable force :p

Back
Top Bottom