Concept cars you wished went into production

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
The original Jaguar XJ220 with the 6 litre twin turbo V12 and AWD would have been EPIC. Shame they downsized it.

Best pic I can find of it:

xj220cutaway.jpg

Associate
The original Jaguar XJ220 with the 6 litre twin turbo V12 and AWD would have been EPIC. Shame they downsized it.

I'm not so sure 'downsized' is the right word considering that the replacement engine - a 3.5l Twin turbo 6R4 engine with 570bhp - was epic. It's just that the car was originally supposed to have a V12, and this put off the original interested parties as it's quite a change - bit of a snobbish viewpoint from them I think. :)

Soldato
I saw this thread and had to post this baby!

Citroen Survolt Concept 2010

nbyk5g.jpg

2iw7gw7.jpg

EDIT: I posted reduced size photos earlier but it didn't have the same effect as the full res!!

Last edited:

Ev0

Ev0

Soldato
handling is rubish :(

It's a concept car, they are mostly built for looks not how they run, that's for when they are put into production mostly :p

The Ford GT-90 concept was horrid to drive, and didn't go much above 40 iirc.

Soldato
Echoing an earlier post.

Honda, you were onto a good thing here with the NSX replacement in my eyes :(

09-honda-hsv-010-spy.jpg

You and Gaiijin win the thread! Honda HSV, please Honda, put it into production!

Quite a cool car imo:

Suzuki-Kizashi-3-pic-3.jpg

Suzuki Kizashi saloon, looks nice but quite boring compared to the rest of the stuff posted :D

Soldato
The closest we will get to most of those is in GT5 but then again you have to deal with the japanese love fest.

Would love a SV to hoon around in around the ring.

Soldato
Echoing an earlier post.

Honda, you were onto a good thing here with the NSX replacement in my eyes :(

09-honda-hsv-010-spy.jpg

The saddest part is its not a concept car, its a production road car that they chose not to bother selling, they were granted special dispensation to use it in racing on the basis that its 100% finished and they could put it on sale tomorrow if they wanted but they have chosen not to as they believe that the is no market for it and it would not be economically viable :(

Soldato
In my drunk opinion in the op, the bmw looks like a corvette, the chrysler looks like a lambo, the holden looks like an old merc, the gt-90 looks like a veyron and the mazda looks like a zonda.

Love the looks of the SV btw.

Back
Top Bottom