In Mensa!

Soldato
I just cannot understand why anyone would ever post pictures of their willy on the internet... :confused:

Can anyone explain the rationale?

I mean The Sophisticate surely you're best placed to explain, what was the motive behind it? Honestly... why did you put your willy on the internet? TELL ME I NEED TO KNOW.

It might be rather a short explanation.

Soldato
Horny make me crazy :( :rolleyes:

Please explain how being horny ends up with you getting a camera, taking a picture of your willy, uploading said picture and then posting said picture on a website.

I mean, perhaps I'm being dense, but don't most people just crack open their favourite filthy website and get on with business?

But hey, I think the fact that several dozen OCUK members have seen your err... member is enough to make you realise that it was a silly thing to do.

Permabanned
To be fair on the guy, no it wouldn't. Judging by all the posts he's made, despite the couple of mistakes here and there he would pass resoundingly at C and above. You cannot say that just because of a misplaced apostrophe.

You would be quite surprised at how low the criteria for attaining a C in GCSE at English is.

Being able to identify the 'C' in GCSE would do it. If you know what it stands for then you are awarded a 'B', if you know what it means you are awarded an 'A'.

If you can spell it then you are awarded the 'A*'.

Permabanned
Most people aren't trying to show that they're intelligent, but rather that being in Mensa doesn't mean you are intelligent.

It does show your capacity for intellect, it doesn't however qualify your knowledge, perspicacity or indeed your shrewdness or sophistication.

The latter of which is something that that not so aptly named OP seems to lack ironically.

Permabanned
It does show your capacity for intellect, it doesn't however qualify your knowledge, perspicacity or indeed your shrewdness or sophistication.

The latter of which is something that that not so aptly named OP seems to lack ironically.

A lot of things show the capacity for intellect. I don't place much value on "IQ" really, there's far more to intelligence than simply an IQ.

Along the same lines of logic, it's like saying some one shows the capacity to be strong, just because they're not really weak, if you get what I mean? It kinda goes without saying. There's "intelligence" and then there's intelligence that you can use and apply which makes "IQ" wholly irrelevant, in my opinion anyway. I

From what I've seen, it's just used as a means to give people something to feel good about. Me and my girlfriend both have IQs around 140, which is classed as "gifted" or higher, we both certainly wouldn't think that at all. We can both make usage of and apply our intelligence well, that's where I'd say "intelligence" is important.

Caporegime
What does that have to do with anything?

Well it might also be a good indicator of intelligence. Admittedly some subjects at say a-level and undergrad simply require the ability to learn 'stuff' whereas others (such as physics and mathematics) are a good indicator of analytical skills etc...

An IQ test essentially tells someone you're good at passing IQ tests and they can perhaps infer from that that you might have good analytical skills, might be able to learn stuff quickly.... Supposing you've have a reasonable upbringing and haven't been sent down t'pit at aged 14 etc.. then if you perhaps had a high IQ score but lacked anything else that might indicate high intelligence then perhaps you are just simply good at IQ tests but not really able to apply yourself.

A high IQ combined with some real world achievement gives you more credibility than simply having a high IQ. A 1st class honours degree in a quantitative subject would be a bit more impressive than simply passing a mensa test and would basically make the mensa test irrelevant anyway.

Last edited:
Soldato
I've always wondered how intelligent the people who devise the IQ tests are. Mainly because if you try to quantify the IQ of someone more intelligent than yourself then you would have to devise a question that you don't have the intelligence to work out the answer to, so can't know with certainty whether the answers are right or not.

Hope that made sense i is a little drunk.

Back
Top Bottom