**** Original Starcraft 2 Thread ****

Soldato
Thanks again for the tips Indie. After playing you and your mate last night I played a game against each race and won quite comfortably. Amazing how much difference a little harassment makes :)

What's your opinion on getting a 3rd hatch inside my main a little after I've expanded to my natural? I'm thinking this will allow me to react to rushes much quicker.

Soldato
Thanks again for the tips Indie. After playing you and your mate last night I played a game against each race and won quite comfortably. Amazing how much difference a little harassment makes :)

What's your opinion on getting a 3rd hatch inside my main a little after I've expanded to my natural? I'm thinking this will allow me to react to rushes much quicker.

Personally it would be better sticking it at an expansion, its effectivly the same thing.

Can do if you like though, its more of a ''mid game all-in pump units like crazy strat'' though. If you keep ontop of your injects from the queen you shouldn't have a problem with spending money etc...

kar

kar

Associate

It makes a huge difference. Look at for example my games vs Indie, or some of the replays I've posted against Terrans. Harassment makes otherwise decent players do stupid things. It controls the tempo of the game. The only gotchya is you have to make sure you don't slip in your macro while maintaining a harass.

Associate
I won a game finally!
I tried harassing rather than turtling and it seemed to work.
If anyone feels like being lovely and giving me some pointers, here's the replay. Its only about 11 Minutes.. Linky link

Im actually really proud because I saw a flying thing on my scout so I made lots of anti air in my base, and stopped his attack :D

IMO this all depends on Map control. If you have enough control to take a 3rd Base (i.e. another mineral line) Then do it and focus on Gas collection primarily followed by getting enough drones to balance out your mineral requirements.

If you do not feel you have the map control to take a 3rd, but you have excess minerals. Stick your 3rd in-base. But be aware it is a short term fix. You will most likely need to expand (as Zerg need to have at least one more base than Terran and Toss to keep up) So your really using it to either end the game (an all-in as Indie said) or to gain map control, allowing you to expand (or double expand)

Soldato
I won a game finally!
I tried harassing rather than turtling and it seemed to work.
If anyone feels like being lovely and giving me some pointers, here's the replay. Its only about 11 Minutes.. Linky link

Im actually really proud because I saw a flying thing on my scout so I made lots of anti air in my base, and stopped his attack :D

Nice. I'm not too good with terran so I can't really help you with build orders. But I noticed you had over 1k minerals at just 6 mins into the game. When you see you have that many minerals you have to spend them. Build more barracks, more SCVs (you stopped making SCVs after the 16th one which isn't good), more supply depots, etc. Then make sure you're constantly producing out of them.

I also noticed you didn't hotkey anything. It is very beneficial to hotkey your unit producing structures and your army. Gives you better control and allows you jump around the map quicker by double tapping the hotkey. I definitely recommend hotkeying your command centre and forcing yourself to press the hotkey then s to make an SCV rather than clicking it. Then do the same with your barracks/factory/starports.

Associate
Nice. I'm not too good with terran so I can't really help you with build orders. But I noticed you had over 1k minerals at just 6 mins into the game. When you see you have that many minerals you have to spend them. Build more barracks, more SCVs (you stopped making SCVs after the 16th one which isn't good), more supply depots, etc. Then make sure you're constantly producing out of them.

I also noticed you didn't hotkey anything. It is very beneficial to hotkey your unit producing structures and your army. Gives you better control and allows you jump around the map quicker by double tapping the hotkey. I definitely recommend hotkeying your command centre and forcing yourself to press the hotkey then s to make an SCV rather than clicking it. Then do the same with your barracks/factory/starports.

Thank you :)
Yeah I forgot to keep spending, and kind of got focused on one thing at a time..
Also I forgot to start harvesting Gas, hence the amusing problem when I tried to make a Rax reactor.

I need to have a good look at the hotkeys sometime, I'm left handed so I probably need to switch to lefty settings and force myself to learn how hotkeys work :p

Soldato
Using hotkeys is very important. If you're microing units in enemy territory and need reinforcements then being able to just press 5, a, a, d, a, a, d, a, a is so helpful I can't really emphasise it enough.

Thanks for the input guys.

Last edited:
Associate
I won my first game earlier using a proxy warp gate. Snuck a probe in straight away and got a pylon up, then warp gate, chrono boosted 4 zealots and wiped all of his SVCS. Surrender :)

Felt VERY GOOD. It's also possible to keep a void rush going at the same time, albeit a bit later than usual.

Associate
I won my first game earlier using a proxy warp gate. Snuck a probe in straight away and got a pylon up, then warp gate, chrono boosted 4 zealots and wiped all of his SVCS. Surrender :)

Felt VERY GOOD. It's also possible to keep a void rush going at the same time, albeit a bit later than usual.

Congrats, although don't expect everyone to not notice you sneaking a probe into there base.

Associate
Morning all,

Been watching this thread for a while now without any input and I would like to thank everyone for their tips :)

I'm getting no luck at the moment; 2v2 I am always teamed up with someone who gets rushed and owned within the first 8 minutes.... Really not fun playing 1v2...

Anyway, if anyone wants a game feel free to add me; GuruDefence. I will be playing for a couple of hours this morning.

TMP

TMP

Associate
They really need to sort out the chat rooms asap, I'm starting to find it more like playing a single player game when doing 1v1's.

Associate
I've just done my placement matches and won 3 out of 5 and I've been placed in the Gold ladder! :eek:

I sure hope this placement thing is accurate because that sounds bit high for me to begin with. :(

Back
Top Bottom