~£400 to spend on monitor(s)

Associate
Well once again, the backlight on one of my monitors has gone, this time it lasted just over a year,unlike the previous 7 years(I think)... old monitors were so much better :D

Anyway, I've got about £400 set aside to replace it, looking at either 2x24" preferably x1200, but those seem incredibly hard to come by these days.Or a single larger screen with a better res, but those still seem non existant... stupid £500 price gap between resolutions.

Anyway, any help would be appreciated.

Oh, also a manufacturer with a decent length warranty would be preferred :D

NOTE: I'm primarily a gamer, so those high end super perfect colours and absolutely necessary to me (although it would be nice, I do web development as well)

Last edited:
Soldato
You won't get two 16:10 24 inchers these days for that. How about one really good one? ;) Or is it really the size you're after? At 27 inches you will get 1920x1200 for your budget but no more. You're either going to have to settle for one 16:10 27 inch monitor or two 24 inch 16:9 monitors unfortunately.

Associate
I have a Samsung T240 Rose Red 24" which are very good as a gaming and video monitor.
They look nice also. Down side to them is the viewing angle but that applies to most TN.
A quick look around and you can pick a couple up for not much over £400
Sexy looking monitor and they are 16:10 ;)

Associate
OP

I see no need in getting a 27" if it's only at 1080, sure it's a big screen, but all it does is make things look bigger, I prefer having more an the screen

I have a Samsung T240 Rose Red 24" which are very good as a gaming and video monitor.
They look nice also. Down side to them is the viewing angle but that applies to most TN.
A quick look around and you can pick a couple up for not much over £400
Sexy looking monitor and they are 16:10 ;)
It actually was a T240 that just broke, the backlight PCB is just fried

Associate
I'm really surprised to hear that Disjunto. I have various other monitors Including the much hailed Dell ultrasharps and the coolest that I use is by far is the Samsungs (they hardly get warm let alone hot) By far the coolest monitors iv'e used and cheapest to run.
I hope I don't suffer the same problem as mine is coming up to be a year old next month. AT the moment it's as good as the day I bought it (now iv'e gone and jinxed myself for sure)

Permabanned
personally Id go for one quality 24" IPS, HP or Dell, rather than 2 lower quality TN ones, seen as how one larger screen is an option for you, you obviously dont need 2, imo 1 quality is better

Back
Top Bottom