Need some help please!

Associate
hey Forum,

i have an issue with my custom built pc that unfortunately the specs i dont know by heart but my problem i do know.

the problem is non responsiveness, when the pc is plugged into the mains and the power button on forn tof the case is pressed nothing happens at all.

there is a little click or tsss sound fomr somewhere in the pc and sometimes(ver rarely) the cpu fan will twitch. but no power. the motherboard LED lights up so i know at least some powers is getting to the motherboard. any help will be extremely wlecome and if needed i can try to find out the specs of my build.

Thanks guys!!!

Associate
OP
OK heres my best shot at it i cant be too specific because i didnt take note

motherboard : PSN-T deluxe, ASUS
processor: unknown(sorry) i think its a pentium dual core something
graphics card : nvidea nx7800gtx SLI
Power supply: all i know is its model EA4G-800.

Associate
OP
i bouht it from a reliable builder, and it worked for about 2 weeks before packing in completely however in those two weeks there were times when it took a few times to get the pc to turn on the power LED owuld flicker but no power i had to unplug the power cord and plug it back in to turn the pc on.

Associate
Hmmm, my first point of call would be to try another PSU if you have one to hand. Could be a faulty PSU, I've had this happen to me a while ago and it turned out to be the PSU.

Soldato
+1 PSU.

Had a DOA power supply that behaved similar to this 2 days ago.

Would power motherboard until I pressed power button, would click, fans would nudge slightly and mobo lights would go out and everyting was totally dead until I flipped the PSU on off switch.

Can't find much info on a Ea4g-800 but a 650 variant is Marked as an Advance branded PSU and is Pretty Cheap.

Back
Top Bottom