**** Original Starcraft 2 Thread ****

Associate
For protoss players having trouble with Terran here's a few of my recent games (today) that all kinda follow a similar theme: basically harass and contain, expand/tech, hold their push (if it comes) and then crush.

http://www.sc2replayed.com/replays/72704-1v1-terran-protoss-kulas-ravine
http://www.sc2replayed.com/replays/72707-1v1-terran-protoss-steppes-of-war
http://www.sc2replayed.com/replays/72705-1v1-terran-protoss-lost-temple
http://www.sc2replayed.com/replays/72709-1v1-terran-protoss-lost-temple

You build completely different tech to me. I'll have to give yours a go sometime! Oh and I liked the distraction at the end of the game vs MadDragon. Your army at the front were always going to lose that battle, but sneaking in the void rays to take out his command centre was a good play and worth the unit loss. :)

Soldato
baby or not, as far as I know blizzard takes balance very seriously, if it was op surely they'd nerf it as soon as possible in 1.1

Soldato
baby or not, as far as I know blizzard takes balance very seriously, if it was op surely they'd nerf it as soon as possible in 1.1

They probably will nerf it at some stage. Probably to concussive shells, maybe give them a cooldown instead of every shot. Although they need a nerf to their stim - not necessarily take it away but it needs to do more damage to them, or maybe decrease their rate of fire while stimmed. They take out buildings far too quickly.

kar

kar

Associate

I don't think they want to rush anything.

The unit is overpowered but if they do any sweeping changes it may break things even more than they are.

Generally the game is pretty well balanced. But the marauder is a bit silly. That and Mules and banshees and vikings...

Soldato
Thats the thing I am tired of people shaming me because I play terran. They even go as far as insulting me in the begging of the match " oh another noob terran this game is going to be crap".

They all say terran overpowered but if they were "which means clear advantage in every game then there would be no tournaments or tournaments with only race - terran.

So far the only part I can agree on is that tanks are overpowered but marauders? mules? banshees? Vikings? are people bashing terran so much or is there really a problem.

kar

kar

Associate
Thats the thing I am tired of people shaming me because I play terran. They even go as far as insulting me in the begging of the match " oh another noob terran this game is going to be crap".

They all say terran overpowered but if they were "which means clear advantage in every game then there would be no tournaments or tournaments with only race - terran.

So far the only part I can agree on is that tanks are overpowered but marauders? mules? banshees? Vikings? are people bashing terran so much or is there really a problem.

Most major tournaments have 50-60% terran entries. So I think that is indicative of how pros see things.

Soldato
man the more i play the less i see a totally OP terran, each race has their overpowered units to be honest, they just come at different parts of the game.
for me zerg mutas since the box trick are completely overpowered against terran

Soldato
IMO this all depends on Map control. If you have enough control to take a 3rd Base (i.e. another mineral line) Then do it and focus on Gas collection primarily followed by getting enough drones to balance out your mineral requirements.

If you do not feel you have the map control to take a 3rd, but you have excess minerals. Stick your 3rd in-base. But be aware it is a short term fix. You will most likely need to expand (as Zerg need to have at least one more base than Terran and Toss to keep up) So your really using it to either end the game (an all-in as Indie said) or to gain map control, allowing you to expand (or double expand)

Theres no need for a 3rd hatch in your base, with injections your economy shouldn't get to crazy if your building units all the time. the Queens ability is there so we don't need to get multiple hatcheries anymore.

iv decided that mutalisks are rediculously OP, had 4 zvt games today and just got owned by mutas.

Mutas are fine, Terran have pretty much everything to counter them. Protoss have the most difficulty with them imho, but their by no means OP at all.

Well I've played a lot with all races (mainly Protoss) and I'm in the top 20 in my Plat division.

I don't think Terran are OP tbh. The only advantage is they are a bit more versatile early game. But you can stop any rush by them.. It is hard sometimes though I agree.

Every unit has a hard counter and I've seen them work against me and I've made them work against other people. If Terran were as ridiculous "OP" as everyone says then you'd be seeing 90%+ of the pros switch to them (there isn't much race loyalty when money is invovled, unless you're Idra, but he just likes a moan :p).

I'd agree mostly with this. Terran do have some extreamly good units, some need tweaking to bring the balance to perfect, but its clsoe enough already. If anybody actually plays AS Terran against other races, you'll soon see hwo difficult it is to actually take them down. you need extreamly good micro/macro along with a perfect unit combination.

Last edited:

kar

kar

Associate
Tbh the 3 things that need attention are

a) early game marauder
b) the way the vikings range dominates the gamestyles of all three matchups
c) the way terrans can throw away scvs and rely on mules for minerals

If they can sort that out, Terran will be balanced I think.

Back
Top Bottom