why does everyone here have 2 monitors?

Soldato
The lower it gets the more mad i get!!!! :D

i never really understood the madness people go to, for a good k/d on a game...

i can understand if you want a good one in RL (LOL) but a game is for fun i couldnt do with the hassle of not trying to die, especially when you can take them down with you mwahahaha

Associate
hmmm sounds more like a luxury to have 2 monitors for some, but for others it is a need more than a want.

i wished i could get 2 monitors on my desk... lol but i have a laptop 19, a 27 tv, and a 22 monitor for my main computer.

Associate
Wow I didnt realise just how many people had multiple monitors...I guess for multitasking having more than one monitor is useful, but for me my 22" is good enough. No real need for a 2nd monitor for me.

J.B

J.B

Soldato
I find it very tricky to work without a second monitor and at home I like to have one for watching iplayer etc on.

Once you go two its very hard to go back.

Associate
Been using duel screen monitors for years (back in the day on old crts and multiple gpu's before) made life so much easier when designing and coding websites and have never looked back.

With the costs coming down so much for monitors and most gpu's having duel outputs these days sure more will run duel screen or more over time, as most have already said has so many uses when multi-tasking running a game on one while everything else is running on the second (vent,web,etc) don't think I could go back to one screen.

Would love the Samsung MD230X3 or MD230X6 Widescreen LCD Eyefinity Monitor setup if the money wasn't a problem, one day maybe :D

Associate
Do you need a high-end gpu to use 2 monitors 1 for gaming and the other for msn/facebook?

Not really, I used to run my dual monitors with an old AGP x8 256mb ATI x800 Pro and it was fine.

Is it necessary to use ultramon?

Again, it's not needed as windows can handle multiple monitors however ultramon gives you more options which can be handy. check it out.

Associate
How can you control the skype/chats though when you're in a game? Surely you'd still have to alt-tab out of the game to control the other windows?

Some games also run in a fullscreen windowed mode (WoW as an example) so moving the mouse from one screen to the other isn't an issue

Soldato
2 here. super handy for all levels of school work especially once you hit uni and have much more to do and its super handy for coding as well. then ofc there is the gaming on one with TS3 msn system monitors mIRC etc on the 2nd. personally saving up for a 3rd. :) i cant really cope using the single monitor computers at uni. i have to come home and work from here all the time lol.

Soldato
It's useful for doing work for school. E.g. having a word document open on one monitor, then an internet browser open on the 2nd with reading material on. Saves having to continually Alt-Tab between programs.

After using two monitors for several months now, I couldn't go back to using just one all the time :p

Associate
I only use one 24" but a second would be handy, I do pinch the familys monitor when the F1 is on. F1 on mine and onboard video, driver tracker and live timing on the other :)

2vvtehk.jpg

Soldato
most machine at work have 2 monitors, but i can't get on with having 2, so i use the comuter with 1, which is a 19" and suits me.
at home i have a 24" fills the desk and is enough for me

Associate
No one is admitting it's so you can read your cheats while gaming -_-

I wish Windows would have better multi-monitor support. For instance I want certain apps to open in certain windows fullscreen. Better wallpaper support. etc

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom