**** Original Starcraft 2 Thread ****

My point was really that Terran need the wallin because they are the weakest race early on. If they were not able to do that then they would never get to the mid game. That said once they are in the mid game (thanks to their wall in). They can be very hard to beat.

As zerg Map control is key, as is learning when to time building your army As stated above, miss time the army creation and you will lose to either a bigger army or a stronger economy.

Personally I see anything below 10 pool as cheese/all in. and not a skillful way to play. Once you start playing against decent players then it will fail more than it will work, and at that point you will have spent a lot of time learning how to play badly... which will mean you will have to learn to play well but against players that are stronger than you. Its best to just learn how to play a macro game.

Last edited:

TMP

TMP

Associate
It'll be harder. But we had these timings back in the beta when phase 2 first started. They then rolled the changes back.

I remember 6 pools being more common, but not like the only strat being used. That was with a much smaller sample set though, being the beta.

I think probably with the patch on steppes, you'll need to go 9 pylon, 10 gate, 10 pylon, 11 gate to be safe since the lings can probably take out one pylon but definitely not two. If they go for your probes you can easily dance around until you get 1-2 zealots out.

I'm not to familiar with P build orders just yet, but is that as economically damaging as something like 6/8pool?

kar

kar

Associate
Not quite, because he's not going to have a queen to spam larvae and drone up. You can use chrono on your nexus to get your econo pumping after holding the push.

Soldato
Wow just tried to use reapers for the first time. Rushed him and kept harassing i thought pretty well. My macro was crap because i was trying to micro reapers for the first time ever so ended up on like 2k min+gas with 15 reapers. Took out all his probes about 3 times start building up my army and suddenly hes got a million mutas out of nowhere. Took out everything with about 5 mutas and some lings, great.

TMP

TMP

Associate
Wow just tried to use reapers for the first time. Rushed him and kept harassing i thought pretty well. My macro was crap because i was trying to micro reapers for the first time ever so ended up on like 2k min+gas with 15 reapers. Took out all his probes about 3 times start building up my army and suddenly hes got a million mutas out of nowhere. Took out everything with about 5 mutas and some lings, great.

Sounds like you didn't see the spire ;)

Soldato
I think I replied once didn't I? That might have been someone else.. hmmm I do tend to ignore any messages I get when I'm playing then I forget to message back haha my bad :p.

What's your name and number thing? I'll add you mate.

you dont need to add me since iv already added you, should be on your list unless im mistaken???

Soldato
you dont need to add me since iv already added you, should be on your list unless im mistaken???

No if you're just adding via character code, the person your adding doesn't know if you've added them. Both people need to add each other if you're using character code. If you're using Real ID then only 1 person needs to add, via email and then both have each other added.

Associate
Played a guy the other day me Terran him Protos, managed to harass him a bit and get a small force outside his base to contain him

Then built a wall of rocket towers around his base, had about 35 in the end LOL.

He couldn't get his void rays out to kill me

He congratulated me for my interesting tactic

Soldato
No if you're just adding via character code, the person your adding doesn't know if you've added them. Both people need to add each other if you're using character code. If you're using Real ID then only 1 person needs to add, via email and then both have each other added.
oh didnt know that.... thats a bit rubbish. so you can still message them tho?

Soldato
Had a really good game earlier 1v1, me as zerg against a terran player. Both of us are pretty new to the game and it was a practise one so some ramps had blockages etc. Started off quiet so I did abit of scouting and saw that he was going the marine/maurader route so concentrated on mutalisks. By the time he sent his army to the base my mutalisks slaughtered them all without too many casaulties so I sent them to the north of the map and dropped them in behind his wall, right onto the unguarded base lol. He had 4 barracks pouring out marines so I dealt with those quickly after killing the troops he had and after I'd destroyed the command centre.

Was a really satisfying win as its my first 1v1 win!

Associate
Okay, I really need a new tactic. Turtling doesn't work at all, it just prevents you from expanding as the enemy will have map control and can wipe out new bases at leisure...

Any tips?

Back
Top Bottom