[OC3D] Asus Crosshair IV Extreme Preview

Mul

Mul

Associate
Unfortunately the NDA doesn't lift until the 30th September but because our sample had already arrived, we were keen to release a brief preview of the new Crosshair IV Extreme to show you all what it's about :)

As indicated above, the Crosshair IV Extreme comes equipped with the Lucid Hydra chip, which allows users to mix and match graphics cards of different model and even brand. We're eager to find out how well it performs on the new Asus flagship :)

Article

Associate
I like the Idea of mixing different graphic cards, I wonder how well it works though, say for example you had an ATI 5850 and an Nvidia 460 do they work together like SLI or Crossfire ?

Mul

Mul

Associate
OP
The success of Hydra will inevitably depend on how well it scales.

In theory the concept is brilliant. Obviously, not many people would actively choose to buy graphics cards of varied calibre for Multi GPU but it could represent great value for those who would have otherwise binned/sold/stored their old graphics card after upgrading to a new one. I'm sure a lot of people who went out and bought a GTX 480 would like a further performance boost by keeping their old GTX 285 or Radeon HD 4890 in there too :)

Associate
It will be more expensive once it release - only if you have big wallet with speical pin numbers to open and spend new expensive motherboard, Im happy with my IV Crosshair Forumla

Back
Top Bottom