How is this diet?

Soldato
Hi all,

Looking to lose some weight. Before I have done the exercise side of things but never really changed my diet. Obviously didnt see much difference, just gained muscle mass.

Pint of cold water as soon as waking up.

Breakfast - Porridge or wholemeal bread with peanut butter (no marg).

Snack, mid morning - Handful of nuts, some natural yogurt. A piece of fruit.

Lunch - Chicken or tuna and salad.

Snack - afternoon - Brown rice, with steamed vegetables.

Evening - Meat or fish with steamed vegetables.

Every Thursday - Pasta and Potatoes day - increased carbs.

Thanks

Man of Honour
what are your stats?
It doesnt look too bad I'd throw a handful of blueberries and maybe some whey into your breakfast then have some protein in with your afternoon snack as well.

Soldato
Why is it always porridge and toast on brown bread for breakfast? :confused:

Ditch the porridge and have egg and bacon instead. Keep the toast if it makes you happy but only one piece and add full-fat delicious butter (not margarine). It's better for you and more delicious.

If you think fat is unhealthy I'd urge you to reconsider. If you're concerned about consuming too many calories by eating foods high in fat then track your calories.

Minimise simple sugars (that means ditch the yogurt and the fruit but most people find it hard to believe that these are not ideal for cutting).

Equally you can just continue to eat what you're eating, it's certainly better than most diets. :)

Soldato
Why is it always porridge and toast on brown bread for breakfast? :confused:

Ditch the porridge and have egg and bacon instead. Keep the toast if it makes you happy but only one piece and add full-fat delicious butter (not margarine). It's better for you and more delicious.

Why does he need to cut the oatmeal out. Oatmeal in the morning is fine unless you want to do a keto diet.

Soldato
OP
Cool thanks. It was given to me by a guy who has just started competing in competitions in America. He came 2nd in his first contest. Trust his views but also wanted some others.

This is him btw

100_0365.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
A[L]C;17344146 said:
Cool thanks. It was given to me by a guy who has just started competing in competitions in America. He came 2nd in his first contest. Trust his views but also wanted some others.

This is him btw

100_0365.jpg

Only thing I don't get is why no protein in the morning? Did you forgot to add that?

Just try the diet he has gave you and see how it goes. Sooner or later you will start to understand your body better and see what works and what doesn't. Then you can start to make your own diets up for your body and goals.

For instance, I've found over the years that sweet potato before a workout gives me the most energy out of any other carb source.

Also, try getting your hands on some coconut oil. Use this to make omeletes or to fry meat on a pan.

Last edited:
Soldato
Eggs in the morning wouldn't go a miss.

You can also eat tinned mackerel fillets on toast as a healthy snack, or just on their own.

Fish 4tw.

Back
Top Bottom