Going to Edinburgh

Associate
Going to Edinburgh for the weekend with the girlfriend. We have seen most of the city before but not really been out at night. Just wondering where is good to go out - not really clubbing but some nice bars, restaurant etc.

We know of the grassmarket - any other suggestions?

Cheers

Soldato
White Harp on Grassmarket. Saw some excellent acoustic music there in November last year :)

Maison Bleu is a nice restaurant, ate there twice. Meant to be a great seafood place at the docks, the name escapes me :)

Soldato
Greyfriars Kirkyard and the tomb of Bluidy MacKenzie. It's the most well-documented poltergeist case in the hstory of the world ever in the world!

Seriously, Google it. They do a tour.

Permabanned
Search for other 'Edinburgh' threads in GD, a lot of good suggestions.

You've just missed the festival, which is a good or bad thing depending on the person..

Associate
Can probably find numerous suggestions by searching, personally my favourite restaurant in the city is Buffalo Grill. If you're a steak fan (why wouldn't you be?) I'd highly recommend it - the Teriyaki is very good.

http://www.buffalogrill.co.uk/

The one on Chapel Street is probably a bit more central than the other.

Associate
Can probably find numerous suggestions by searching, personally my favourite restaurant in the city is Buffalo Grill. If you're a steak fan (why wouldn't you be?) I'd highly recommend it - the Teriyaki is very good.

http://www.buffalogrill.co.uk/

The one on Chapel Street is probably a bit more central than the other.

I go there whenever I'm visiting my old uni/work mates in Edinburgh - cracking food!

Caporegime
Wasn't bar salsa closed down for a huge fight that broke out recently? Maybe it's re-opened again.

There's a nice vodka bar on cockburn street, arcade bar, not far from the royal mile if you're having a night out there.

Not sure not been to Edinburgh in a while, how I miss being there every Saturday!

Wouldn't suprise me though, the place was way overcrowded. I remeber me and my mate walking up and hearing him go the people in front no were full, yet they let us in and about 10 others in behind us. Couldn't move your arms to sip your drink!

Full of dirty little students though :)

Associate
whatever you do, get me to give you a lift in my rickshaw, its class.

Your a RS driver, i used to do it years ago, how much you make a night, i remember trying to take four reasonably sized girls up the mound once (wow that sounds like an innuendo, the mound is a hill btw for those that don't know))..:D I didn't make it lol. What a crazy job that was.

Back
Top Bottom