Lian-Li PC-9F ETA?

Associate
Any idea when you guys might have this case in stock?

9f-01.jpg

http://www.lian-li.com/v2/en/product/product06.php?pr_index=526&cl_index=1&sc_index=25&ss_index=62&g=d

Looks like a cracking case, and it's selling for £90 in Europe (Germany).

Last edited:
Associate
OP
If that's really under £100, then that's a cracking price! The PC-8FI is similar and yet over twice the price here...

Yeah i can't link the seller for obvious reasons, but it's £89, plus £6.99 for Parcelforce shipping. They are selling for ~$125 in the US as well.

I'm all over it as soon as they are available here! I love my Lian-Li PC-V600B, but i plan to go SLI when i get a Sandy Bridge system so i need some more space.

EDIT: BTW i just noticed the PC-8FIB is only $160 on Newegg, so it looks like we are getting shafted royally on that one! I don't understand why OcUK's price is so high for that, it should be £100-125 maximum. We could order from the states pay import duty and tax and still get the case much cheaper!

EDIT2: I've actually found this case in stock at quite a few German sites with excellent ratings now, going for £95 - so i'm very tempted to order from one of them if OcUK don't have any ETA or price.

Last edited:
Associate
My last hope of ever seeing this case available in the UK evaporated today. One of the big stores has been promising price info for a while now, but today they said they weren't going to be stocking it. This along with the fact it's not available anywhere in the UK, despite being available elsewhere for a while now, leads me to the conclusion that'll it'll never be available here.

It's all rather puzzling as it seems like a decent case at a decent price (unlike most of LL's other 2010 offerings) :confused:

Associate
I've also been following this case and was disappointed to see another retailer confirm that it won't be stocked. I guess that if the UK distributors don't stock it, then no re-sellers will offer it.
It can be purchased via a certain auction site from Germany, although this is a more expensive route. The PC-8FI is also available for over £100 less than OCUK.

The PC-9F suits my needs perfectly, so I'll probably take a chance and order direct from a German website.

Associate
OP
Helios1234, Dinkas, crazybones

Good news, i got a reply from the UK store where i bought my PC-v600B and i am told to expect PC-9F stock a bit later this month, with the price estimated to be £106 inc VAT :)

Absolute bargain of a case in my opinion, can't wait to get one.

Associate
OP
Looking at the features the Fractal R3 is a much better case for the money.

Well each to their own, i'm sure the R3 is a perfectly decent case but in my opinion the Lian-Li is in a different league altogether in terms of build quality. From what i can tell from pictures the R3 seems to be steel and plastic, whereas the PC-9F is completely aluminium.

I also much prefer the styling of the Lian-Li, but everyone has different tastes of course.

Associate
p0rks0da,
Thanks for the update. I will keep an eye out for a UK retailer selling this case later this month. Shame that OCUK do not appear to be stocking it.

Serpantine,
Note the comments about the Fractal R3 and thanks for the suggestion, but I love the quality of the Lian Li cases and can't see myself using another make.

Soldato
Helios1234, Dinkas, crazybones

Good news, i got a reply from the UK store where i bought my PC-v600B and i am told to expect PC-9F stock a bit later this month, with the price estimated to be £106 inc VAT :)

Absolute bargain of a case in my opinion, can't wait to get one.

That's not bad at all! My Lian Li B25B is very similar in design but has a door, and that was £135 when I got it. So the PC-9F sure looks like a bargain of a Lian Li case...

Associate
p0rks0da, Helios1234, Dinkas

Just ordered the case at the price posted by p0rks0da - £106 + £7 delivery. Lead time 10-14 days. I could have ordered it slightly cheaper from Germany, but the saving was not worth the aggravation if I had to return it.

Last edited:
Associate
It's a nice case - I particularly like the hard drive mounting system.

A couple of problems along the way:

I'd also bought a couple of DVD ROM covers (the fold down flap type). When I went to fit the DVD drives, the positioning was incorrect and I had to pull the pins out of the quick release mechanism and re-insert them in a different set of holes - that was a real pain!

There's not a lot of space between the motherboard mounting plate and the side of the case to run the cabling out of sight.

Overall, I'm pleased with it.

Back
Top Bottom