Finally got round to changing the HAF led's and fitting a cathode

Soldato
DSC01565.jpg

DSC01564.jpg

Not bad £3 for the leds and resistors 10pack of each 4000Mcd at 3.4 volts 20 degree viewing angle

and £6 For the cathode kit also included a UV tube

*Sorry about the phone quality pic CBA to borrow my dads DSLR

Soldato
OP
Am also considering getting a HAF X. How easy is it to change the LED's for someone who has limited electronic experience?

I won't lie doing LED's can be quite fiddly and frustrating sometimes. I will be doing all my HAF fans sometime this month so when i do i will do a tutorial thread

Try and go for 3 to 3.4 volt led's in the 3000-4000 MCD range and make sure you use a resistor calculator to work out what resistors you need. you can do it DIY for under £3 or pay the coolermaster shop £14 for a blue LED fan.

If you do decide you want to do it then just pop up a forum post i'm sure we could help you.

also check out this thread
http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=18172810&highlight=resistor

Soldato
Orange, such a misunderstood colour. You don't see many cases using this colour.

Would be simple to swap red for orange though, just switch the LEDs.

Orange, such a misunderstood colour. You don't see many cases using this colour.

Would be simple to swap red for orange though, just switch the LEDs.

I know man. My current case has 2 xilence fans in the front.... orange blades with white LED's. They look fantastic. I'm bored of blue, green and red. My last lighting scheme was pink, and the one before that was yellow.

Back
Top Bottom