What's the difference?

Associate
Coolermaster CM-690 II Lite Window Edition vs. Coolermaster CM-690 II Advanced Window Edition.

As the tilte of this post suggests.

Are these cases silent and cool. I'm looking to move up from a Coolermaster 335.

Thanks

Soldato
Haven't got one but I can guarantee they won't be quiet unless you replace/slow stock fans. I don't suppose it'd be much worse than your existing case though with the vents on the side. A window is a little better at stopping noise than holes.

Thought you were looking at the CM4xx case.

The CM690 was on my short list but ended up going with an Antec P183 got noise reduction, the Fractal R2/R3 have similar concepts.

Associate
OP
Tealc-How do you know if they are quiet if you don't have one? :confused: The Antec is sadly out of my budget. I was looking at the Coolermaster 430 but by the time I had to buy filters and extra fans I may as well go for something higher spec without having to fiddle around with it.

Brabbinho-Why would I need extra fans? Are they really quiet?

So what other cases would you recommend with excellent air flow, virtually silent, cable management, easy to install new hardware, big enough to take a crossfire system, and a window?

Thanks again.

Associate
Case fans are pretty quiet- so have left them in for now. It only comes with 3 case fans so if you want to get the air flowing through i suggest at least 1 extra 120mm for the side panel and another for the roof of the case

Soldato
Most cases don't come fully laden with fans to cut costs.

I did a lot of research on cm690 when I was looking for a case and silence isn't a word that was bandied about with the cm690 case very much. It still has the issue of side vents/fan positions and I think even the windowed version has one. Side fans are good for graphics cards but interrupt front to back case flow a bit.

Still I'd probably consider one if I were building a crossfire system and didn't want to spend silly money for a full tower solution.

Associate
OP
OK. I have a list of cases that I like the looks of. Could you please tell me what you think?

Are they silent?

Do they have excellent airflow?

Do all fan vents/areas have dust filters which are easily accessible?

Could you fit two large graphics cards eg. 5970.

Does it have good cable management?

Expansion Slots-Are they push out so you can't put them back when you want to change the setup or screw fittings so you can cover up the gap if you don't use that slot any more.

I don't know if my motherboard can accept so many fans? Any ideas?

I would like a case that I can just transfer the hardware from my current case to my new one without any difficulty or thinking about extra fans and filters.

Here's the list:

Antec Dark Fleet Series DF30 Gaming Enclosure - Black

Lancool Dragon-Lord PC-K62 Mid Tower Case with Window - Black

Coolermaster CM-690 II Advanced Window Edition Dominator Case - Black

Coolermaster CM-690 II Lite Window Edition Dominator Case - Black

Lancool Dragon-Lord PC-K62 Mid Tower - Red Dragon Windowed Edition

Lancool Dragon-Lord PC-K58 Mid Tower Case - Black (Apparently you can get a window side panel, please tell me if I am wrong).

Antec 600 Six Hundred Ultimate Gaming Case - Black

Thanks again.

Back
Top Bottom