ocuk prices :)

Associate
I bought RAM on monday for £150 and now its went back down to £135 on this week only :(. Think im going to have to send the DVD drive back because its making a funny chirping noise when i load anything from a disk.

Soldato
OP
just checked today andantec 300 went to £49 and be quiet 600w went up to £59,thats the only one ive seen so far havent checked the rams yet

Associate
I always check to see if the other two out there are any better (you know the ones) but if you include the free shipping from OCUK there's not usually much in it and I end up wasting time yet again comparing :/

One of them I hate the website, it just doesn't feel quick enough or fluent to get where you want and there's just lots of rubbish all over the page that makes it look cluttered. Their selection is mediocre too.

The other is more electronics in general so sometimes up to date prices can be behind making them more expensive usually, there a good store for other electronic bits though.

Associate
its still no bad to be honest

for some reason i find the ocuk site really enjoyable browse thru

i love the section where it separates the motherboard between the 6gbs version and the 3gbs version

many years ago i use to buy from ****, now they are just so expensive, almost selling it at rrp.

Associate
Its probably a mix really. There are some good deals on OcUK but then another site I check regularly has some cheaper components as standard. E.g a CPU cheaper as standard than when OcUK have it on offer :p

But all in all, most good places float around the same prices I reckon.

And the forum here is cool :cool:

Soldato
The last time I checked I priced up a full system and I was seeing about a 5% price difference. You can reason it lots of ways but good service isn't free. If a small price difference is the only complaint then I think that's worth paying for:)

Associate
The last time I checked I priced up a full system and I was seeing about a 5% price difference. You can reason it lots of ways but good service isn't free. If a small price difference is the only complaint then I think that's worth paying for:)

True quote is true :), your not just paying for the components but the service as well.

Associate
Even if some places are slightly cheaper, I'll still use OCUK because it's a good website, like the forum, and I've never had a problem with anything I've bought.

Associate
You're not imagining things, prices are definitely going up in price, even the items with plenty of stock (10+)

Last week the crucial C300 64Gb SSD was £113.96.

Its now on special at £117.49 with a previous price of £124.98?!?!?

I've had a system spec listed for some time, just waiting for my student loan to come through and some prices have increased by 20% over the past month or so. Maybe OCuk are expecting the student rush.

Associate
The rapid price changes means having to look here daily which is impractical for some, overall the prices seem competative so ordered from here.

Personally if i was looking specific deals i would really appreciate the deals lasting upto 2 weeks rather than offering free delivery giving oppertunity to grow and reward loyalty for both ocuk and customer.

Back
Top Bottom