Split/Second difficulty and what to do

Soldato
I have loaned Split/Second from a friend and I am currently at the Elite Race on the 5th season but I can't get anywhere close to 3rd place :mad:

Is this game challenging or do I do it wrong?

Should I go back to the other races and get 1st in all of them to get other cars unlocked or doesn't that matter as the other A.I. drivers are always matched to the car I drive?

Soldato
I only found it sporadically challenging to the levels you mention. Best thing to do is indeed go back and try to get gold on the events you've done already. This should unlock a few better cars - play around with them and you'll soon find one that suits your style.

Pay attention to your power plays as well -- just firing them off at random will put you at a big disadvantage.

Soldato
OP
Pay attention to your power plays as well -- just firing them off at random will put you at a big disadvantage.
Easier said than done, sometimes the car in front goes just as fast as I can drive so the only way to overtake is use a powerplay at long distance just to have a chance.

I guess the only thing to do now is indeed get better cars unlocked and try again.

Soldato
If you're finding yourself regularly falling behind the majority of opponents, get yourself in a car with a high drift value and spend your time building up your Level 3 powerplay. Once done, catch up a little so you've got most of them close enough to eachother and BOOM -- set off the Level 3.

Soldato
OP
If you're finding yourself regularly falling behind the majority of opponents, get yourself in a car with a high drift value and spend your time building up your Level 3 powerplay. Once done, catch up a little so you've got most of them close enough to eachother and BOOM -- set off the Level 3.
Good point, usually I use a car that is more of a racer and I think they have low drift capabilities.

/n00b mode on
A level 3 powerplay, that is with the square button when the image above the cars is red or when there is an arrow on the screen?
/n00b mode off

Soldato
It's the red one. You need to build up your power meter until it turns red, then most tracks will have 2 or 3 points that you can pull off a devastating red attack when you see the icon.

Back
Top Bottom