about to reinstall windows but i have OEM upgrade disc.

Associate
As title says. OEM means you can only use once right? well im going to reinstall windows onto another drive which is on the same pc. Just different drive. Am i still able to use the same product key? if not is there any way to deactivate it?

Associate
i see a lot of forums/sites say you gotta phone up microsoft and give a reason? i have no phone :( my mobile broke

I've never had any luck using the web activation, since W7 was released i've installed it twice using the same machine and not once has it worked, just use the phone activation and when it asks you if you've installed it on any other machines, if it does, just say no (well you havent!)

Broken phone? ask a friend/do it at work? Just write down the long codes on a piece of paper.

Soldato
I bought a Acer Revo 3610 nettop last week and that came with windows 7 pre-installed but no actual physical disk and i wanted to do a re-install to get rid of all the bloat etc.

Anyway I downloaded a OEM version of Windows 7 and installed it, entered the key and it didn't work so i rang the free Microsoft product activation number which was automated, followed instructions and now all works. Never once did i speak to a real person.

Back
Top Bottom