690 II cable management woes

Soldato
I didn't find it too bad I suppose in my 690 dominator. Getting the cover on over the tangle of cables on the other side was tricky, but with some rearranging and some brute force it was ok :D All I need now is to replace all my fans and get a proper colour theme going.

IMGP2864a.jpg

IMGP2914a.jpg

IMGP3011a.jpg

Soldato
OP
Thanks again everybody. I went to ******s today about about 20 millions cable ties and cable bases. Spent about 2 hours being very methodical and i've had much better results this time. I can even get the right side panel one now!!!! I'll post some pics later on.

Quick question though. I thought the bottom HDD rack was supposed to be removable? Mine seems to be thoroughly riveted in and doesn't budge an inch.

Associate
Thanks again everybody. I went to ******s today about about 20 millions cable ties and cable bases. Spent about 2 hours being very methodical and i've had much better results this time. I can even get the right side panel one now!!!! I'll post some pics later on.

Quick question though. I thought the bottom HDD rack was supposed to be removable? Mine seems to be thoroughly riveted in and doesn't budge an inch.

idk mine is the very first 690.

Associate

Have a look at this video, from 6:40 onwards:

Associate

Only the 690 II's have the removable bays, you can remove the bottom 4 bays by just taking out 4 screws.

Back
Top Bottom