Show us your TFT setups!!

Soldato
3 BenQ 2420HDBL monitors using Nvidia Surround

IMG_5285.jpg

IMG_5292.jpg

Soldato
With 3 monitors the Nvidia surround drivers do the taskbar automatically as it treats it as 1 desktop natively, then just get a 5760x1080 background.

When i was running 2 monitors, I used Ultramon for the taskbar and other tweaks, which worked well. Then found a backdrop of 3840x1080 and used "tile" mode and that makes it fit across the 2 monitors,

Associate
If you want a taskbar on your other monitor then try Zbar if you don't want to pay for Ultramon, although I use dual monitors I use Displayfusion as I'm not bothered about having a taskbar on both monitors.

Associate
a lot of people have the logitech g11, which i do aswel :) looking to buy another monitor for my pc, or maybe 2 24" monitors, not sure yet. but sweet 3 screen set-up, looks unreal, like a mini starship control area :p

will post a screeny of my desk, lemme find my camera first.

Associate
DSC00088.jpg

DSC00087.jpg

Just a quick snapshot, using my old sony ericsson camera :)

Desk is made from MDF, easy and simple to make, my dad made mine, cost £23 from BandQ and still have a huge piece left in the shed to be made into a smaller desk for drawing etc.

Monitor is only a small but nifty 18.5" (maybe 19" not sure) Acer X193HQ, came with my computer, no hdmi, but tower has a hdmi slot, :|, reason im wanting a new monitor :). Speaker system is from OcUK, cost me £55 + £6 postage back in may - http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=SP-121-CL&groupid=702&catid=22&subcat=165

Sub is underneath my desk and then all speakers on the desk, not ideal, but no where behind me to put them to make properly 5.1, still, i like it :)

EDIT: sorry for the quality :(

Last edited:
Associate
Looks wicked mate, how do you get the background and taskbar to go across all 3 monitors? i have a dual setup and i am trying to do it but have no idea how

I take it your Graphics Card is a Radeon 5850 if it is you can use the catalyst control center. Just go to desktop and displays and click on the black triangle on either of your screens and click create group. You will see the different orientations in the drop down menu also you can enable the bezel compensation. Using this setup is fine but if you are gaming your center of the screen will be where the 2 bezels meet and it does get annoying. Heres a youtube video to show you how http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RZAkCoaq384

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom