Important changes to O2

Associate
I don't understand what all the fuss is about. O2 "tweaked" their mobile data limits several month back (less than every other network) because of load. They've been selling bb at talktalk prices for a long, long time with huge growth on the Be network which was only built to support Be users (who pay more almost double the rats and O2 mobile customer does).

In short. They sell bb at half the price of everyone else you will ultimetly get half the bb of everyone else once they reach saturation. They've been loosing mobile customers all summer because of this change, they'll be loosin bb just the same.

The question is really, will it effect those of us on Be in the long run?

P.S. Torrent shaping is bypassed by a £3pm vpn, idk why isps bother trying to shape the web. It's a free for all :)

CSA

CSA

Associate
you guys think the all rounder package will be ok for online gaming xblive and pc gaming ?

ive been with o2 about 12 months now and happy as larry on the standard package £7.50pm *** , dont really wanna be spending extra money on a new package and getting the same service/speeds tbh

Associate
Then stay on the standard package, it's not changing for existing users.

You will only benefit from the All Rounder if your line is capable of the extra speed.
Ping is more important than speed for Gaming anyway and I haven't seen any mention that it will be reduced on any package.

Associate
Hey guys,

I don't think this has been posted, as of today O2 have changed their monthly fees and Terms and Conditions.

Prices on Standard and Pro packages have gone up by £2 as of September 6th

4 What about excessive network usage and monthly allowances?

If you’re a customer that signed up before 6th September2010, or that has signed up to our Access package at any time after 14 July 2010, then clauses 4.1 and 4.2 apply to you. If you signed up or upgraded to a new package on or after 6th September 2010 then clauses 4.3 and 4.4 apply to you.

4.3 If you have signed up for our Basics package, there is a 20GB monthly usage allowance. If you use more than 20GB in any month, we’ll give you a written warning (by email or otherwise). In extreme circumstances, if the levels of activity don’t decrease in line with our instructions after the warning, we may terminate or suspend your Services.

4.4 If you have signed up for our All Rounder or The Works packages then you can download as much as you like up to a fair usage limit of around 100GB for the All Rounder or around 250GB for The Works. If you exceed these limits or we feel that your activities are so excessive that other customers are detrimentally affected, we may give you a written warning (by email or otherwise). In extreme circumstances, if the levels of activity don’t immediately decrease in line with our instructions after the warning, we may terminate or suspend your Services.

Hope this helps people now make any up coming decisions on which provider to go with. I'm now going back to Be Unlimited as they haven't changed their T&Cs yet.

Associate
Here's the traffic management:

http://service.o2.co.uk/IQ/SRVS/CGI...=broadband_sharethis,CASE=24947,&sms_ss=email

LOL, they've ruined the LLU package.

They really are trying to discourage anyone who want so do anything other than email and surfing.

As an existing O2 user I can see what's coming, slowly but surely they'll find ways of getting you to leave or to change to a new contract.

I read that someone wanted to change his line rental from BT to O2 and would have to take out a new package for BB as well. This was an error that later sorted but you can see the problems ahead for un suspecting users.

I wouldn't be surprised if they opened and Indian call centre just for Legacy users.

Back
Top Bottom