• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

HDMI channels on Ati HD2600Pro

Don
When I go to 'configure speakers' in the windows control panel, this should show an option from 5.1 yes?

Currently only getting Stereo when it's plugged in via HDMI..

Soldato

HDMI output support

Supports all display resolutions up to 1920x10801
Integrated HD audio controller with multi-channel (5.1) AC3 support, enabling a plug-and-play cable-less audio solution

ac3 only, and if you look at something like the 4830 which does support multi channel in windows

http://www.amd.com/us/products/desk.../Pages/ati-radeon-hd-4830-specifications.aspx

HDMI output support

All display resolutions up to 1920x10803
Integrated HD audio controller with support for stereo and multi-channel (up to 7.1) audio formats, including AC-3, AAC, DTS5, enabling a plug-and-play audio solution over HDMI

Soldato
Does that mean I should or shouldn't be able to get dvd's to playback through surround sound via HDMI?

stereo in windows and for games, surround sound from dvd's or any move with an AC3 soundtrack (Dolby digital or DTS). OR the odd game that does have an ac3 output option. you shouldnt be able to choose 5.1 in windows - this is perfectly normal. but it should automatically switch outputs when you play a dvd. if it doesnt, try the configuration options for the hdmi output in the control panls and make sure DD/DTs are ticked :)

Don
OP
Should Windvd or MPC-HC do that automatically?

Or do I need ac3filter/ffdshow too?

Would buying a 4xxx series card help? ocuk have a £30 fanless one at the moment

Don
OP
Also, I have a Xonar DX in the same system, but at the moment, can't find the optical cable for it.

Is there any way I can tell the HDMI to carry the output signal of the Xonar (I might be talking garbage here, I have no idea when it comes to audio)

Associate
xonar DX is a mess with SDPIF Optical
if you are connecting 2600 Pro to a HDTV, you will only get 2 channel anyway, you need to connect 2600 pro to a receiver with hdmi support to get surround

Back
Top Bottom