• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Anybody bought a PoV GTX465 recently?

Soldato
Ive had 2 - done one, pulled cover off the other as im going to water block it...And its got the full 10 chips and the correct core, just ordered another so thats its SLI partner...

The way i see it is its like geting a free waterblock for the 470 :)

They have tweaked the price up a bit but its still a bargain...

Caporegime
That's how I;ve looked at it. A gtx470 plus waterblock for the standard price of a gtx 470.

In fact I snagged a gtx470 waterblock for £32 so even better ;)

I just ordered one so far but so tempted to grab another while I have chance to before the last 5 sell. Hmmmmm.

Soldato
My next one is just hsipped, but it does seem like OCUK and therefore us lot got lucky on tis batch :)

Wonder if they are thinking "cant believe these idiots buying the 465, the 460 is much better"

Tee hee....

Caporegime
My next one is just hsipped, but it does seem like OCUK and therefore us lot got lucky on tis batch :)

Wonder if they are thinking "cant believe these idiots buying the 465, the 460 is much better"

Tee hee....

Nah. They have seen this thread which is why they put them up a tenner each. They are thinking great, we'll make some extra money out of these. :D

Associate
Right I built a few months ago when the 4 series was coming out there was a lot of discussion of power requirements...

Are there any power issues?

Should I go for the upgrade from the 275 (I think) to the 460/465???

Associate
Hi

Just ordered one of these bad boys, Ill let you know how I get on..

* Oh I forgot to ask, when I remove the heatsink from the card will those white pads on the memory just go back on them?

sorry for the noob question!

Last edited:
Soldato
they will either stay on the chips or pull away with the heatsink so be in the right place...

You may as well just try and flash it, if you get it wrong or have one that wont work you can then just set it back (as long as you have another card)

Back your BIOS up b4 hand though with GPUz so you have the exact version..

Soldato
I ordered to from ocuk a few days ago both had the full allotment of chips and both unlocked perfectly, i have never flashed anything before and it was a nerve wracking risk but so worth it......where do i collect my newbie flasher badge? :D:D:D

Associate
I ordered to from ocuk a few days ago both had the full allotment of chips and both unlocked perfectly, i have never flashed anything before and it was a nerve wracking risk but so worth it......where do i collect my newbie flasher badge? :D:D:D

Same, was also very skeptical.

So pleased it pulled off :)

Associate
Fingers crossed , i missed out :(
I very much doubt it, and if they did id put money on that they'd be of the 8 chip variety!
Has anybody tried the own brand ones? I wonder what versions are shipping???

Associate
God, on my 470's the top one idles at 66 C and tops out at 99c with a custom fan profile :(, the TJ07 is not very good at air cooling :(. I gotta start looking at the bright side :D atleast it will keep me warm in the winter :D

Associate
Hi

Got my card this morning and 10 chips! I flashed it successfully, but its really unstable tried upping the voltage to 1.012 and changing the ram speed, but still no go..

So I have flashed it back to stock and im getting 730 core on stock voltage.... I will up it a bit more later on, but overall Im really impressed so far with it.

Mind you it runs very hot under load 90c!!

Well, I have this at the moment on 465 bios, 750 core(1v) 1500 on shader & 1603 on memory using msi afterburner. It must be the memory letting me down on the 470 bios, as this overclocks the memory to 1674.

Last edited:
Associate
Recieved mine yesterday after ordering Sunday. Flashed it and upped voltage to .975 to get it stable and it seems pretty good but runs very hot when stress testing with furmark. Hitting 99 degrees after 10 minutes :(

Its not crashed at all though and thats after a session of L4D2 and the furmark stress test and idles around 40-45 degrees. 20 min on Red faction geurrilla and it was stable at 82 degrees with an 80% fan speed which seems about the normal temp looking around the net.

Could someone post their temps after running furmark for 10min or so please so I know what temps are more normal with that?

Last edited:
Caporegime
Got mine, flashed successfully and is now a gtx470.

Just need to put the waterblock later on today and I am sorted.

Forgot how bad gpu fans were when I did 10 mins furmark checking earlier and I thought a jet was taking off!

Back
Top Bottom