My boss has just told me im not getting paid tomorrow (more info)

Associate
Why are people turning this on the OP?

Whether or not he saves or whatever he shouldn't be put in the position of not having payment for a month through no fault of his own.

Soldato
If i would i could. Ive just come out of long course and im skint. Like i said Ive only been there 60 days -_- ..lmao a credit card. The worst things ever made -_-

Yeah they're utterly terrible, they're never of any use... Except for all the times when they are useful, which is all the time.

I'm a student and I have a credit card, how do you not have one?

as for going overdrawn, contact your bank to arrange an overdraft facility, it won't be free, but it will be cheaper than having an un-authorised overdraft.

Soldato
OP shouldn't have spent money he doesn't have?

Also: is the OP entitled not to go to work until they pay him?

:rolleyes:

He's spent money based on the fact he was expecting to be PAID on time, a thing most people would do. I know that if i have a spare £100 or so lying around towards the end of the month that i can spend it, not having to worry about if i'm going to get paid on time or not.

It was also his manager that suggested not going into work... Why do people post utter dribble?

Associate
OP
Yeah they're utterly terrible, they're never of any use... Except for all the times when they are useful, which is all the time.

I'm a student and I have a credit card, how do you not have one?

Lol Id never get a credit card. I have known ppl get in SO much crap with them things. Id never even take the risk. You get told "oooh as long as you pay them back.. youll be finnne" -_- thats not allways the case. If people want to use them fair enough but id never use it lol Id rather spend what i have than what i dont have -_-

Permabanned
Start looking for another job ASAP mate. Banking/Payroll error is standard bs to say when they have no money and are about to go into administration or liquidation.

This.

It only takes 3 days to do a BACS transaction and quicker for a fee. It sounds as if the company are having cashflow problems and are increasingly relying on invoice payments from the banks to fund their payroll. As the debt to the bank mounts up, they become ever more reluctant to issue invoice credit to the company and as such they generally either have to find investors or call in the administrators.

If as you said the company have a history of messed up BACS payments then as Scorza says, time to find another job fast.

Associate
OP
I always try and keep a months wages in my current account. I advise you do the same and not spend it on stuff you don't actually need.

Lol I wish i had that luxury to not spend a months wages :) The item i bought on here was for me and my G/f's 2 year Aniversary! :( I guess we didnt need it..but like i say. it was a gift :(

Last edited:
Associate
Who do you bank with OP?

Phone them up and apply for a SMALL overdraft, you wont necessarily be declined just because you have only worked for 60 days so far. I could almost gaurantee that if the mobile phone bill will let you go into an unauthorised overdraft then you will get a small overdraft for the same value.

Associate
OP
Who do you bank with OP?

Phone them up and apply for a SMALL overdraft, you wont necessarily be declined just because you have only worked for 60 days so far. I could almost gaurantee that if the mobile phone bill will let you go into an unauthorised overdraft then you will get a small overdraft for the same value.

Yeah your right. Im gunna call up again soon. I dont see why i wouldnt be accepted. my g/f's brother just got fired from his work and is on jobseekers and hes got a £300 one lol Damn you lloydstsb

Soldato
Sound like rubbish to me. BACS takes a few days to clear so why didnt he tell you then that it hadnt been sent?

Is the company doing ok? My gut feeling is you wont be paid and the compamy will end up closing.

Soldato
Lol I wish i had that luxury to not spend a months wages :) The item i bought on here was for me and my G/f's 2 year Aniversary! :( I guess we didnt need it..but like i say. it was a gift :(

It's a rule I started when I was sixteen and have hardly ever broken it. The mortgage tests it sometimes though, as do women ;)

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Sound like rubbish to me. BACS takes a few days to clear so why didnt he tell you then that it hadnt been sent?

Is the company doing ok? My gut feeling is you wont be paid and the compamy will end up closing.

I think hes only just found out tbh (thats why the hurried e mail) The company is goverment owned and i really dont think it could go under. The payroll department is filled with .. I hate to say it and come across as racist.. >< but there really thick ****s who cant speak any english and cant communicate -_- When ever you ask them aquestion you just get an evil stair and a shrug -_- doesnt fill you with confidence. Im pretty sure last november they changed the system or something. (I dont understand it tbh).. Funny how they can make sure there pay is fine tho.

Like some of you say. I may just stay till my training peroid is up then leave and find somewhere else. Lots of ppl want I.t geniuses like Mour :D

Last edited:
Associate
Assuming its an actual screw up instead of the 'we're going down the pan', why dont you go to the accounts department and ask for the money to stop you going overdrawn to tide you over?

When we had a balls up at my work, someone came around from accounts and asked us what we desperately needed to stop us going overdrawn and we were given the cash. This amount was then taken from our payslip.

Soldato
Out of interest, what are the laws regarding not being paid on time and having to use your overdraft for standing orders, direct debit etc. Can you reclaim these charges?

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Assuming its an actual screw up instead of the 'we're going down the pan', why dont you go to the accounts department and ask for the money to stop you going overdrawn to tide you over?

When we had a balls up at my work, someone came around from accounts and asked us what we desperately needed to stop us going overdrawn and we were given the cash. This amount was then taken from our payslip.

Ty!! I honestly never thought of that! i doubt they will :( But its owrth a try! I have to. Im not going to pay £30 because im overdrawn by £11 -_-

Associate
OP
Out of interest, what are the laws regarding not being paid on time and having to use your overdraft for standing orders, direct debit etc. Can you reclaim these?

Just doing a bit of research on the subject and found a few ppl with the same problem as mine. From what i read the banks are no use -_- There is a law (i think its only in america) that if you can prove you are over drawn because of a problem out of your control. (i.e companys refuseing to pay you wages you are official entitled too) The company HAS to pay the overdraft fee. There MUST be something like that in the UK surely?:(

Back
Top Bottom