Civilization V

Associate
They did announce that on the feed yesterday.
Makes me wanna cancel my preorder and just buy it off steam lol.

It's a steamworks game isnt it? Game has it for £5 less than steam themselfs. I havent really being paying much attention, its more F1 2010 I'm after but I did play civ2 and civ4 off and on for a time and enjoyed them. Might wait for some user reviews from you lot :).

Soldato
It's a steamworks game isnt it? Game has it for £5 less than steam themselfs. I havent really being paying much attention, its more F1 2010 I'm after but I did play civ2 and civ4 off and on for a time and enjoyed them. Might wait for some user reviews from you lot :).

Yep it is. Just the fact that it may get unlocked Thursday night ya know :D
But in all seriousness I think I will stick with my preorder since I would like to have a physical copy :)

Nope, Babylon is an exclusive bonus to the Steam special edition.

Ah thats a bit sucky :mad:

Permabanned
Yea, the standard edition is £5 less at Game.

For the Collectors Edition, the boxed one is £10 more than the steam version, but with the steam special edition you are paying £10-15 more for the soundtrack plus babylon, wheras with the boxed one you get a super nice collectable box.

Soldato
Babylon's are always average anyway in civ so its no big loss them being an extra....

Pre ordered this 3 months ago for £25 of amazon, not sure its still that but its only a 9 days till we can play! :D

Permabanned
Its funny reading the usual barrage of system req complaints on the Civ forums :p

People keep posting their low end laptop specs asking if they can play the game. Usually they post their CPU, ram, and windows version, but not their graphics. Then when asked for their graphics, surprise surprise, INTEGRATED! :p

Then when told that their graphics dont meet the requirement for Civ 5:

'But I can play Civ 4 on it, Civ isnt meant to be a graphically demanding game, since when did they turn Civ into a game for the hardcore?'

Lawls. Minimum requirement is a dual core PU and an ATI 2600 XT / Nvidia 7900 GS, how high end indeed.

I think its obvious that there arent many laptops or macs that will be able to run the game well, which is probably why its not getting a mac release, but the recommended PC spec for Civ 5 is a £500 build right now:

Permabanned
Its funny reading the usual barrage of system req complaints on the Civ forums :p

People keep posting their low end laptop specs asking if they can play the game. Usually they post their CPU, ram, and windows version, but not their graphics. Then when asked for their graphics, surprise surprise, INTEGRATED! :p

Then when told that their graphics dont meet the requirement for Civ 5:

'But I can play Civ 4 on it, Civ isnt meant to be a graphically demanding game, since when did they turn Civ into a game for the hardcore?'

Lawls. Minimum requirement is a dual core PU and an ATI 2600 XT / Nvidia 7900 GS, how high end indeed.

I think its obvious that there arent many laptops or macs that will be able to run the game well, which is probably why its not getting a mac release, but the recommended PC spec for Civ 5 is a £500 build right now:

we will find out next week, my mbp runs mafia 2 fine when booted into win 7, luckily it has the 330m with 512mb of vram and hot switches to the integrated when not playing games, so i have no doubts it will run this fine

Permabanned
Hmmmm, I'm really thinking of canceling my preorder for the boxed CE and getting the Steam digital deluxe instead. £10 less plus Babylon, pre load, and no CE box.

However, the CE will probably go much cheaper later on and I can pick it up as a collectable then instead.

Man of Honour
I'm hoping my laptop can run it fine, even if it is in low specs. I can run Fallout 3 on high settings, and Mafia II on medium settings, so I'm hopeful Civ 5 will run on it, if only because I take my laptop to work with me and it would be nice to play it on my lunchtimes like I do now with Civ 4.

Soldato
Careful he rarely finishes mp games i think were half way through GoW, a few mp saves of civ 4 (removed game now it took him too long to get back to the game grr) and i think another game or two tho cba to remember now.

:p

Would have helped if you weren't tired after 1 hr of play every time :p:p.
Whenever I played with the other option we could have sessions of hours, think I played for 4 or 5 hours with him once :p.

Back
Top Bottom