Camera RAW -> Post-Processed Image Thread

Soldato
well thats obviously the first place i'm going wrong then

as i'm just applying one adjustment to the whole picture.

How would you bring out the colour in the eyes ?

Burn the pupils to make them blacker than the night. Then burn the outside dark bits of the eye, not sure the medical name for it.

You want to use the burn tool at about 15-20% opacity. Try not to overdo it, which is easily done because it can look awesome. You can then make the colour of the eye a bit more vibrant by selecting the eye area, going to Image > Adjustments > Colour balance. Have a play there and you can tweak the colour, again try and keep it subtle.

I personally wouldn't use the dodge tool on the coloured area of the eye, perhaps very lightly on the whites of the eyes to make them mega white, but nothing too much.

Soldato
Burn the pupils to make them blacker than the night. Then burn the outside dark bits of the eye, not sure the medical name for it.

You want to use the burn tool at about 15-20% opacity. Try not to overdo it, which is easily done because it can look awesome. You can then make the colour of the eye a bit more vibrant by selecting the eye area, going to Image > Adjustments > Colour balance. Have a play there and you can tweak the colour, again try and keep it subtle.

I personally wouldn't use the dodge tool on the coloured area of the eye, perhaps very lightly on the whites of the eyes to make them mega white, but nothing too much.

Pretty much this, but I sometimes use the dodge on the coloured bit of the eye to make them pop a little.

Soldato
did this conversion for a tutorial on gradient black and whites.

louis01.jpg

louis01.jpg

tutorial is on my blog.

Edit, also a tutorial on dodge/burn.

Associate
Nice processing guys, here's one from a year ago so my pp has changed a fair bit since then, but this photo was my first significant edit entirely in lightroom.

A quick and dirty shot from a halloween party, compression makes it look terrible but you get the idea...

lighroom_pp_by_insanojoe-d2ysosg.jpg

Associate
So Mrs Gaffer caught a puffin carrying a daisy. Of course, the puffin was stood in the wrong place, so she had to shoot into a low sun with no hood:
daisy-before.jpg

So in Lightroom:
Crop
spot removal
exposure +0.2
fill light 2
blacks 14
Brightness +44
Contrast +100
Clarity +16
Vibrance +18
Saturation +5