spee me an ipod

Soldato
I admit that the iPod doesnt have the best audio quality but not many people are just after a device that only does one thing, personally id rather have music, hd video capture and playback, internet browser, high resolutoin screen as well as apps and games.

That's the job of the all-in-one, jack of all trades, smart phone.

Fiar enough though, if that's what people want then it's their choice and money. I personally don't see the logic behind many of iPods other than the 160gb classic, which I was close to buying myself purely as I miss owning a high capicity player.

Permabanned
You cant buy a smartphone for £189 though, they are all £400+ sim free. Id rather keep my phone seperate so i dont drain the battery.

Soldato
Ahh, which is what I do ;) Smartphone for smartyphone stuff. Mp3 player for music, and music alone.

Fortunately I'm on a decent enough contract, and didn't have to shell out for a payg phone.

Soldato
im using an sflo2 as it has a dedicated line out ,yes i know the ipods can use a lod but the dacs havnt been that good since the wolfsons were dropped after 5.5g and the sflo has twin wolfsons.
the sound through my amp is just so big ,its the seperation thats amazing , each section of that seperation with its own timbre and lush texture.
however just using the headphone out im not as impressed as every one else and almost prefer my cowon d2 apart from the cowon getting congested with complex music.(theres maybe 2 out of 50 with this opinion on headfi) also the battery life and ui is way below on the sflo.

Associate
Show me an MP3 player that has equal to or higher than 960x640 IPS LCD, capacitive display, cpu that has similar grunt to the Apple A4 cpu, 3mp camera and 720p HD video capture, ability to edit and watch back that 720p HD video from the device with the ability to play relatively good looking games, all for £190.

Theres more to buying Apple than just to be a drone, the iPod Touch is an awesome specced bit of kit, there is NOTHING out there that even comes close that is not a phone.

The screen is not IPS actually. It's good, very high resolution and all, but not IPS.

Back
Top Bottom