Making money on the side

Soldato
Work as much as possible without going over the limit ( for me I can't earn more than 10k something per year or else I'll lose the right for my student grant) for student grants or loans or whatever you have there in the UK.

And aside from that you can do little jobs for relatives/friends/random people:
Fix their pc/other pc stuff.
Drive them somewhere
Detail their car or try to reduce/remove damage like scratches/scuffs
fixing cars&mopeds ( one of my mates earns quite a lot with this, buys buggered Tomos or Puchs or scooters or similar for 100-150, fixes them up for 100-150 ish, sells them for 400 or more... Think he bought a peugeot speedfight for 200 and sold it for 600 after a bit of work.)
Painting or general house maintenance work.
Employment agency jobs once in a while, just random one off jobs like selling stuff on the street or a week of call center work or stuff like counting votes during elections or promoting stuff.
Bargain hunting & re selling.

(from now just random suggestions that pop to mind but no idea if they'd work)
Smart bets.
Photography.
Window washing.
Help with gardening.
Home grown veggies.

I have a 20-30 hr (depends per week) part time job next to uni and while I have very little time it means it earns I have 800-1200 to spend every month ( student grant + job together).

Last edited:
Soldato
I buy and sell books and dvds on flea bay now and again £60 this week but bought a 30p book afew weeks back thats worth between £300 to 1k ,the best thing to do is to look at trends or upcoming movies or books that could be made into movies ect ,some dont always work ,some do i.e i have some good vibes about jonothan strange and mr norrell so ive bought a first edition first print signed ,thers also sk,s the dark tower coming out as a trilogy and tv show , i also take photos of books stacked in charity shops , go home and research then go back if i get a bite

Last edited:

alx

alx

Soldato
The friends I knew who did club/student night promoting always seemed to make a decent wage doing a few hours a night, couple times a week.

Soldato
I don't give it much attention but made 10% on the loan I got on the stocks and shares. If you put even just a few hours a week in and have your head screwed on tightly (important) you can make a lot more

Associate
siggie.jpg

Back
Top Bottom