Quality Watch

Man of Honour
I heart Speedmasters :(

But if I buy anything else I don't need, my financial advisers (aka a friend's company) will probably sack themselves :p

But IMO the only watch worth owning has to be any of the gorgeous Patek Philippe Grand Complications now where was that £500k I hid down a sofa :p

Permabanned
breitling navitimer

best decision you will make

those of you that choose to berate people for wanting to spend money on a watch should do one, the OP stated his intentions, he asked for an opinion on a watch not on your personal opinions regarding his money spending decisions.

You think posting an opinion you don't agree with is berating? I think a £3,000 watch is ridiculous, but to say so isn't berating or even insulting.

Some people really don't get the whole "opinions" thing. Why does your opinion of it being worthwhile hold any more importance over my opinion that it's a waste of money? This is a discussion forum, for some one with a post count as high as your own, I would have thought you'd understand "discussion" doesn't mean "agree with me, and if you don't then I find it offensive".

Man of Honour
You think posting an opinion you don't agree with is berating? I think a £3,000 watch is ridiculous, but to say so isn't berating or even insulting.

Some people really don't get the whole "opinions" thing. Why does your opinion of it being worthwhile hold any more importance over my opinion that it's a waste of money? This is a discussion forum, for some one with a post count as high as your own, I would have thought you'd understand "discussion" doesn't mean "agree with me, and if you don't then I find it offensive".
But you can't contribute to the thread, so why bother? Create your own thread called "spend £3,000 on anything BUT at watch" :D

I came to read to find info but no, it's half-full of rubbish. As normal.

GD folk don't seem to blight the photography forum where there are people with thousands of pounds worth of kit!

Ah well life goes on and all :p

Don
exactly

there is a torch thread at the moment which just defies belief IMO but the folks in the thread enjoy torches so who am I to question where they spend their money

Don

op "hi id like to spend 3k on a watch what would you recommend"

u "lol lol lol 3k on a watch lol"

how is that relevant?

sigh at that/your interjection

Last edited:
Permabanned
But you can't contribute to the thread, so why bother? Create your own thread called "spend £3,000 on anything BUT at watch" :D

I came to read to find info but no, it's half-full of rubbish. As normal.

GD folk don't seem to blight the photography forum where there are people with thousands of pounds worth of kit!

Ah well life goes on and all :p

Hey, at least buying camera kit gives you extra features to use with your camera. An expensive watch doesn't tell the time in a better quality way (okay okay, they might be more accurate, but that hardly matters, if your watch is losing time, it's broken).

Permabanned
op "hi id like to spend 3k on a watch what would you recommend"

u "lol lol lol 3k on a watch lol"

how is that relevant?

sigh at that/your interjection

"lol snails" would have been irrelevant, expressing my opinion on watch jewellery is however relevant to the thread, as that's what the thread is about, expensive watch jewellery. So my point of you not understand how opinions work still stands. It's not *bad* just because you don't like it. :o

Associate
Hey, at least buying camera kit gives you extra features to use with your camera. An expensive watch doesn't tell the time in a better quality way (okay okay, they might be more accurate, but that hardly matters, if your watch is losing time, it's broken).

You can make a case against spending money on just about anything that isn't the minimum required to keep you fed, clothed and sheltered. Why buy a nice house when you can live adequately in a bedsit ? Who needs nice clothes when you can dress yourself in gear from a charity shop ?

A good watch brings pleasure to the owner in a similar way to a piece of art, and if bought carefully won't depreciate in value like electronic goodies or cars - what's wrong with that ?

Soldato
I will probably get shot down in flames, but if had those funds for a watch, I would probably get a nice modern looking Bell & Ross.

Something like this - http://www.wavejewellery.com/products/Bell-&-Ross-BR03%2d94-Phantom-.html

£3,550 and it has a bloomin rubber strap and PVD (Physical Vapour Deposition - a fancy thin layer) coating on a steel case ?????? :p

Someone that spends that amount of money on a watch that has £5 worth of case and strap material needs their head examined ? How much would they charge you for a replacement strap and case - when that PVD coating and strap look like a £2 watch after a years worth of limited wear ? Another £1000 perhaps....

Last edited:
Soldato
I dont see £3k as much to spend on something you will wear for the rest of your life (if you keep it that is!). As for the people saying "why not spend £250 or why not use your phone", the same applies with everything. Why buy a VW when you can buy a Skoda and save thousands etc.

My Stowa only cost me a thousand euros (I bought it when the exchange rate was rubbish!) but considering it should last my lifetime, thats nothing!

If you want watch advice, head over to TZ-UK. Pointless posting here!

Soldato

Why do watches always get this kind of attitude.....I really don't get it :confused: Clearly there's a lot more to watches than just telling the time - why can't some people see that?

Also, you clearly don't even have a clue about the subject anyway - more money doesn't mean more accuracy, and ALL watches lose/gain time.

Soldato
You don't buy a watch to tell the time (specifically) you buy a watch as a piece of jewellery for your wrist that just "happens" to tell the time also.

No comments on the Bremont then, I thought that would have fitted your specification in the OP pretty well.

Permabanned
Go for a second-hand Patek Phillipe. Some of them retail at up to £360,000. Could probably pick one up for £3k.

I honestly can't think of any more exclusive brand of watch.

Back
Top Bottom