Low FPS in Crysis.

Associate
I have played Crysis Warhead before playing crysis itself.
When i played Warhead i was playing high to medium settings, but now in Crysis i can't even get normal fps when settings are all on low. I get like 6 - 14 fps
Why ?

Soldato
a 4870 1gb should be runng crysis quite well on low settings. My old GTX 260 played it OK/not too bad with max settings but 0xAA at 1920x1200. Warhead looks slightly worse and runs slightly better, not a big difference though. 14fps with low settings is not right.

Associate
OP
it was on off unles application specify, turned it off now completely, but how it would affect performance if it's not reaching my refresh rate 60 Mhz

Soldato
Vsync would affect performance even if it never reached 60fps e.g. a game that runs at 35-55 fps will effectively be capped to 30fps because it doesn't render the next frame in time so has to miss every other one. I don't think that is your problem anyway. On low settings with 0xAA it should be running quite fast. I would have thought at least 40fps, probably more. If you have all the shaders etc on low then it won't be hard to run.

Associate
OP
Patched the game, still nothing and when i do Optimal settings, when game detects my hardware it goes on High settings, but still i get 6 average fps with low spec maybe i get average 11 fps. And i update my drivers about a month ago.
Updating to latest drivers now

Last edited:
Associate
OP
I double checked everything. Set all to off or performance in catalyst settings and then i ran the game all on low even the resolution on 800 x 600 and still i got like 11 - 20 fps

Soldato
if it hasnt been mentioned....warhead doesn't look as good.
i think they got a bit sick of people complaining they couldnt run crysis at the very highest setting and just made high into very high for warhead.

Soldato
if it hasnt been mentioned....warhead doesn't look as good.
i think they got a bit sick of people complaining they couldnt run crysis at the very highest setting and just made high into very high for warhead.

They made the levels a bit more linear too. I still think Warhead is the better game of the two though, but don't get me wrong both Crysis games are some of the best of the genre you can get for the platform.

Back
Top Bottom