What OCD annoyances do you have?

Soldato
People who think they have ocd when they don't.

I totally agree.

I have my various ticks and nuances, many similar to those described in the OP, but I certainly don't have Obsessive-compulsive Disorder. There's a lot of grey in between, but people suffer seriously with it every day and it can be totally debilitating in some cases.

Soldato
My Mum asked me to fill a couple of dents in her wall as she is going to be painting her bedroom soon...

IMG_4371.jpg

:o. Not proper OCD I know lol.

inb4 you've missed a bit.

Soldato
Not really OCD ( I hope ), but I wash my hands after using the bathroom and before touching food and food related items.

It really bugs me when I hear someone flush after a #2.. then the sound of the bathroom door being unlocked a split second later. That person obviously didn't wash their hands.. they then proceed to the kitchen and start handling stuff. :/

So, if I want to make a sandwich, I have to disinfect the jars ( jam , mayo e.t.c. ), wash hands, untie the bread wrapping with left hand, grab slices with right hand, rinse hands, make sandwich, pour tea, put everything away, wipe down counter, rinse hands, eat. :o

Permabanned
Not really OCD ( I hope ), but I wash my hands after using the bathroom and before touching food and food related items.

It really bugs me when I hear someone flush after a #2.. then the sound of the bathroom door being unlocked a split second later. That person obviously didn't wash their hands.. they then proceed to the kitchen and start handling stuff. :/

So, if I want to make a sandwich, I have to disinfect the jars ( jam , mayo e.t.c. ), wash hands, untie the bread wrapping with left hand, grab slices with right hand, rinse hands, make sandwich, pour tea, put everything away, wipe down counter, rinse hands, eat. :o

......I'm not THAT ocd :p

I like to keep my personal areas clean. I'm a slob but keep my desk + bedroom clean. Everywhere else is fair game :D

Soldato

Life must be tough.

The only way that would make sense is if you have someone living with you or you are caring for them, and the person in question has no immune system.

Last edited:
Soldato
It's OCD when it actually interferes with your daily life to an extent that it causes you distress. If it doesn't fall into that category, they're just personal nuances, which everyone will have to a greater or lesser extent.

Soldato
Life must be tough.

Not really. When company leaves, order is restored to the universe. On the other hand, if I had such people around me 24/7... doesn't bear even thinking about.

This is a recent thing. It think it started around the time when I saw some news feature about an entire family coming down with projectile vomiting. ( Norovirus )

Hopefully, I'll shake it off with time. :p

Soldato
Yeah, I'm a hygene freak and unfortunately it does spoil a few things in my day to day life now.. Like holding a game controller, i have to use a disinfecting wipe before doing so.. Never use to be that way when i was younger, just use to grab it and play.. But now I'm a lot more concious of germs even though i know it does'nt make a blind bit of difference.

Another one is the car steering wheel, if anyone has touched my steeering wheel i have to use a disinfecting wipe on it. Basically I also HATE shaking hands and always have to wash, and I'd never walk on carpets other than my own barefooted. At the gym, i have to use a hand sanitizer on the machine before i touch it.

Associate
I have Trichotillomania (Hair pulling), had it since I was 14, one solution was to shave my hair but being very self concious I never did and just kept pulling, then people started to notice bald patches appear. When I hit 20 I started to cut my hair shorter, making it harder to pull hairs but every now and then I would still grab at a few. Over the period of having shorter hair I slowly stopped having the urges to pull. I'm now 25 and starting to go thin on top so I shave my hair to a no.1.

Associate
I went through an OCD stage as a kid with washing hands every five mins, my parents picked up on it and I think stopped me doing it (that was when I was 8 years old) Now 32 and last few years I seem to have picked it up again but no-where near as bad.

What's weird is that I get really dirty doing my job and it doesn't bother me when I'm working, 95% of it is when I'm at home (which is pretty much spotless). If I touch a tap/door handle/random object my hands just feel dirty and I wash them without thinking. I also get paranoid when preparing raw meat for a meal, I must wash my hands a good 15 times during the course of preparation.

Other mild OCD's (if you can call them that) come and go, like a chair being out of place really bugs me, or the curtains not being drawn symmetrically that kind of thing.

Man of Honour
I only ever had one personal nuance and that was I had to get my petrol bill to round up to £5.
If I went 1p over I'd put another £4.99 in and so on until I reached a multiple of £5.
It has now stopped because it is virtually impossible to trigger to an exact £5 so I now play a new game.
I get to around 20p before the price and then I turn my back and squeeze and don't look at the display.
I then pay and see how close I got.

To the OP - you really need to do something about your problem or else it will get a lot worse.

Back
Top Bottom