what frightens you most?

Soldato
Buried alive.

Scared the ((&^ out of me since i saw it on a tv episode back in the 80's.

Notice there's a new film out depicting much the same. Might i suggest if that sort of thing worries you, save yourself a life time of insecurities by not watching:)

Associate
Scared

Scared of;
1. Dying and knowing there is nothing I can do to stop it and that I will never seem my kids again (strangely not scared of them dying which is not the same as saying I would not be devastated if they did). Also dying alone.
2. Werewolves - Watched American Werewolf in London when I was around 9. Left a lasting impression to the point that I would have nightmares. This has mostly gone now. Werewolf movies will have a bit more of an effect on me that other horror movies but they do not stop me watching then now and then.
3. Swimming in the sea without being able to touch the bottom. This is from not easily being able to see what is under the mirror like finish of the water to what may be lurking underneath (damn you Jaws and Open Water).
4. Being sucked down by a sinking ship like in Titanic (just an example but not the cause of the fear).

Only 1. will cause me to worry now and then, 2. really does not bother me any more, 3. and 4. would scare the crap out of me (hopefully not literally especially as they both involve being in water).

Dislike;
Spiders but only the larger ones. Ickle ones are fine.

Most of the fears I think stem from the loss of control.

RB

Soldato
Open skull brain surgery whislt being awake, if thats the correct term for it!
Spinal surgery whilst being awake.
not being under anaesthetic properly durign any major surgery.
drowning

Soldato
Ghosts. Honestly, always have and probably always will scare the absolute hell out of me. I must wake up a couple of nights a month after having pretty horrific nightmares about them. I just can't fathom the idea of something I can't understand... a malevolent presence that I can't fight or run away from :(

J.T

J.T

Soldato
To die at a young age and not see my Kids grow up or be there for them or my other half when they need me.

This is the only thing I am afraid of.

Soldato
The fact that steel is my body, and fire is my blood
Being Unknown to death,
Nor known to life.
Withstanding pain to create many weapons.
Yet, those hands will never hold anything.

Soldato
Apart from drowning, shear heights, as much as I find Snakes / Spiders / Tarantula's fascinating, watching things like this scares me.

The Fer de lance Snake can cause tissue damage like in the pic, but it's no match for the Goliath (Bird Eating) Tarantula, check out the second video clip.

ferdelance.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom