What do you have for breakfast?

Man of Honour
Have a read:

http://www.nhs.uk/news/2009/02February/Pages/Eggsafety.aspx

However, a lot of people knew this 10+ years ago but no one ever listens to what the experts say because it's easy to have a fad diet. Cholesterol in general isn't absorbed by your body, you diet however, affects how much/little cholesterol is produced.

Clearly the rest of your diet needs to be in check, as well as a decent exercise regimen. :)

Soldato
Never eat breakfast.

Rarely eat until i get home after work at 4pm.

You need help. I'd pass out if I went that long without food.

1 cup of Oatmeal is my breakfast of choice. Fills you up and keeps you going till lunch. That, or home made french bread with burgen bread.

What I do is..

bowl
4 egg whites
milk
cinamon
mix
2-3 slices of burgen bread
place bread into bowl to soak up the eggs
grease up frying pan with coconut oil
fry bread

mmmmmmm

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
Eating breakfast early in the morning makes me feel quite ill usually so I'm limited to sometign very light unless I wait until about 9am when I get hungry. So my pre-commute breakfast is limited to half a banana chopped into a small bowl of porridge, one slice of toast or something similar with my tea or coffee.

Depends I vary it a little.

Smoked mackerel with a couple of poached eggs
Scrambled eggs
FF's power smoothie (yoghurt, blueberries, raspberries (or a selections of summer fruits), banana, apple, oats, cinnamon and jersey gold top milk, and very occasionally some whey).
Porridge + couple poached eggs on wholemeal bread
Thin turkey steaks or some beef depending on what I have.
Poached eggs (4) on wholemeal bread

Often some yoghurt and fruit to follow any of the above.
I'm always amazed at how much you can eat. I know you burn it off but it's the sheer capacity man :D

Associate
I just tend to have cornflakes with milk and a little sugar and a cup of tea. Only thing I really like. I do occasionally have toast instead or follow it with toast, or sometimes occasionally follow it with egg, bacon, sausage, beans, etc, although not fried - grilled instead (apart from the egg! :D ). I just can't get on with bran flakes or shredded wheat (both taste of pretty much nothing to me) and I don't particularly mind porridge but I have to have so much sugar on it that I basically have to have sugar on every other spoonful or I can't really swallow it!

Surprising to see the amount of people that don't have any breakfast at all though - I think it's true that it's the most important meal of the day, you should at have something even if it's not much!

Yup. I won't bother giving you the whole shpeil - but it's a fairly non-event. I eat over 16 eggs a week - I have high HDL and low LDL (which is good).
16 still seems a little over the top to me! I know someone that used to love eggs, but can't go near them now. She used to eat them all the time, although at some point started to feel constantly ill. After various tests etc. she'd worked out herself that it was the eggs - she'd eaten so many that it turned out she'd become allergic to them. :eek: She now can't even eat something they may have part of an egg in it like a sponge cake for example! :)

Man of Honour
That's unfortunate - I do know of people who have developed egg allergies without even eating any! I do love my eggs I must say (as you can tell) but my diet is hugely varied and tend to stick to eggs for brekkie. From the people I've spoken to and the research I've done I'll be fine. :)

Back
Top Bottom