land line help urgent

Associate
:mad:My brother has just had his line re connected and moved to o2. the line was physicly connected but not active.

He has now signed up with o2 and they have sent out the hardware. When it is plugged in he gets the power light and wirless light only on his boxII.

We have done a line check on line and they say its all fine. Also had a second router sent out.

o2 say its a wire problem in the house so we have checked the main socket as its the only one in the house and it has 2 wires. 1 in the no2 and 1 in no5

Now the phone works when plugged in but the modum is getting no signel to the line?

Please could anyone help

Caporegime
If you're plugged into the master socket and it doesn't work then it's not "a wire problem in the house" and O2 should be dealing with getting it fixed. They can't have done much of a "line check" if the circuit is not in sync either...

Soldato
If you're plugged into the master socket and it doesn't work then it's not "a wire problem in the house" and O2 should be dealing with getting it fixed. They can't have done much of a "line check" if the circuit is not in sync either...

just about to say that mate, what kind of line check with out a modem in sync.:confused:

Associate
OP
We did an online check with BT and came back as no error.

Also we checked the wires and all looks fine on the master socket.

o2 said its an house wire error but unless its the exchange or sommet on the main line in?

As with above the modum not speaking to owt as o2 say they cant connect to the modum..

Associate
Have you tried taking the front of the master socket off and plugging into the test socket inside? Note it depends on the type of socket you have as to whether you have this facility.

Caporegime
An online check with BT won't touch your ADSL at all. You have to speak to O2; there's nobody at BT, who will speak to you, who can help.

Associate
Forgive me for suggesting this but I have come across at least one person who has done this, understandable given that the person had never seen adsl before.

Make sure there is no filter fitted on the phone line to the modem itself only use them where you connect actual telephones.

Caporegime
There's no issue with connecting the modem to the ADSL side of a filter. If you only have one socket there should be no issue with double filtering (i.e. connecting an extension to the voice side of a filter then the modem to the other end - it won't work).

Associate
OP
Right guys sorted it, bt when re connecting the line allocated a number that was in use so we had a sweet old ladys phone number. They have allocated a new number and that has been provided to o2.

They say he should be up and running by wednesday ;)

Back
Top Bottom