No posting lots of beeps.

Associate
Basically after a month i bought the computer it started playing up. On first inspection i had the motherboard and graphics card tested by overclockers. They assured me both worked perfectly well. I noticed my power supply looked a little odd and realised that it had overheated. Got it replaced and and the new one arrived today. Putting it back together the same problem is still happening.

Basically when i turn it on everything starts working except it does not post at all then after about 30 seconds it starts to beep. this will then repeat over and over again.

Here is what i bought from overclockers:
*OVERCLOCKED* Intel Core i7 920 D0 Stepping (SLBEJ) 4.00GHz / Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R Intel X58 Motherboard / Patriot Viper 6GB (3x2GB) DDR3 PC3-12800C9 Tri-Channel DDR3 Bundle
ZOTAC GeForce GTX 260 896MB GDDR3 PCI-Express Graphics Card
Lancool Dragon-Lord PC-K62 Mid Tower - Red Dragon Windowed Edition
Corsair TX 650W ATX SLi Compliant Power Supply (CMPSU-650TXUK)

Already had dvd rw and hard drive from old PC. As mentioned before it was working perfectly for a month before anything went wrong.

Here is a video of the fault:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W0Wic11ZL5U

Associate
First go into Bios and turn off your overclocks until you get your problem fixed.. you will have an option to change profile I can't remember the exact name but you'll notice all numbers changing once you've changed it.

then swap the ram out one by one in different slots

Soldato
Is there a CMOS reset button on the rear panel?

The alarm almost sounds like the noise where a key on the keyboard is jammed down and repeating.

Is the fan spinning on the Heatsink?

Associate
OP
Ok just a quick update.

This isnt actually my computer its a friends who was borrowing my account, I did a little reasearch and it turns out the only problem that occured was that the ram was in the wrong slots. My friend was directed by overclockers to put them in the blue, when infact they were supposed to go in the white slots.

He has gone out now and i thought i would just try it and i got the post beep. And a hard drive activity light so i can assume that its all working fine now.

When he comes back i will post back on here to tell you if it is all working hunky dorey when connected to a monitor.

Thanks for the help guys.

Permabanned
Might wanna email overclockers too and let them know that you were advised this where as infact it was that - What were they reading maybe they had a diff manual to yours or maybe now that youve switched maybe ocuk had it running in channel mode and yours isnt in any instance try and get them to check for you too

Associate
OP
As mentioned in the post above this isnt my computer, but i will get Matt to contact them when he gets back from the Uni comedy club to inform them of this.

He has had a stressful summer with this computer.

Im currently in the process of buying myself a SFF system. Hopefully it should be relatively trouble free.

Once again thanks for the advice.

Back
Top Bottom