Linux - Stress testing?

Soldato
Ok how do I run mprime? I went to the folder in terminal & typed mprime. It looked like nothing was happening, just got a blinking cursor at he next line.

Soldato
open terminal and cd into the folder that you extracted
type "./mprime" (thats dot forward slash mprime)
press "n" (for no, just stress testing)
press "return" (defaults to 3, which is blend)
press "y" (to accept)
leave running for 12 hours, if it stops you have a unstable machine

I typed that (./mprime), nothing happened.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
I got nothing, can't help you if absolutely nothing happens. I can't think of anything off the top of my head that would produce no output whatsoever, even if you typed in a completely wrong command it would say something.

Soldato
I got nothing, can't help you if absolutely nothing happens. I can't think of anything off the top of my head that would produce no output whatsoever, even if you typed in a completely wrong command it would say something.

The command is ./mprime right? When I close the terminal it says a process will be ended, so something is happening. Just no output. I type ./mprime & no questions or anything after that, just a blinking curser. Is there a GUI version??

Are you logged in via SSH or via the console? Could it be being really weird and outputting to console or a different tty session? The chances are somewhat slim though.

Just the CLI on my system.

Back
Top Bottom