***Samsung SpinPoint F4 320GB In Stock***

Associate
Mmmm interesting set of benchmarks on Toms. If I was building a 3 disk or larger RAID array, F4 drive would be the way to go.

I can't really use the £/GB ratio as a valid argument tbh, about to by into dual SSDs with a 1TB drive for pagefile/scratch disk/backup drive :D

Soldato
So it's like all these other high density 7200rpm drives. High transfer rates in exchange for horrible seak times and IO performance.

Thats a really good point. I mean, I transfer a lot of data about constantly for uni projects and such, so I am liking the high transfer rates of these drives, but I would miss the seak time for random little files...

Associate
thats why SSD's exist :p 320GB F4 is the best bang for buck drive pretty much assuming you don't mean GB/£ as obviously the 1.5TB drives are better. But this is the best cheap drive for an O.S.

Soldato
Ordered mine yesterday and it arrived this morning. Great service from OcUK :) Won't get it installed until tomorrow but will be worth the wait.

Man of Honour
Got it and installed. Copied the data from the old one to the new one, results below.

Samsung F1 320GB

f1320.jpg

Samsung F4 320GB

f4320.jpg

A nice increase on what was already a quick drive :)

Associate
The reviews and benchmarks so far are a little disappointing (Except in seq read), I still think I will raid-0 2 of them at some point though :) Will be a nice boost from a single old Seagate 7200.10 anyway :D

Seirrah

S

Seirrah

I'm considering getting one of these just for games, which are all Steam downloads (my boot drive is an OCZ 120GB Vertex2). This drive is good at sequential read, but doesn't have an amazing access time, would it be decent for gaming? (map loading etc)

I also have a WD caviar green 1TB which I will be using for media - and have been using for everything up until buying the SSD.

Back
Top Bottom