***Samsung SpinPoint F4 320GB In Stock***

Soldato
The long-awaited 320GB F4 is finally here! We have plenty of stock to go round but these are going to be popular so don't delay. :)

Samsung SpinPoint F4 320GB SATA-II 16MB Cache - OEM (HD322GJ) @ £31.98 inc VAT

HD-101-SA_400.jpg

The Spinpoint F4 features 7200rpm speed rotation, advanced areal density technology and a SATA 3.0 Gbps interface. Equipped with Samsung's exclusive dynamic balancing technology, the drive's overall stability and reliability is optimized as a high performing solution. Samsung's proprietary SilentSeek and NoiseGuard technologies are incorporated in the drive to offer ultra quiet operation. With a one-head platform design and fewer mechanical parts, the reliability and acoustic features of the Spinpoint F4 have been improved. The drive delivers 10% increased read/write performance and 7% lower power consumption than the Spinpoint F1. The superior performance and high-reliability Spinpoint F4 is engineered for high-end computing in PCs, Macs, high-end workstations and server applications.

- Capacity: 320GB
- Cache: 16MB
- Interface: SATA-II
- Spin Speed: 7200RPM
- Seek Time: 8.9ms
- Warranty: 3 Years

Only £31.98 inc VAT.

ORDER NOW

Associate
yeah i was thinking 640gb would make more sense. They could sell it for £35 and sell tons as i'm sure the f3 500gb sells a lot. They should at the very least do a 500gb version.

btw i bought this last week: http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=KB-000-BB

BUT now its out of stock, i ordered it when its in stock, you need to fix your stock control system, have to wait until you get more stock until i get my order filled :(

Soldato
OP
I'm sure they will bring a 500GB version out at some point but they've gone for the Eco and low cap drives first.

What was the order number of the Boogie Bug?

Soldato
Any good?

Tempted to replace 2 x 72GB seagate drives in a RAID config for one of these on Windows 7

These drives are very good with a welcome boost in reads and writes compared to other drives in this capacity bracket. I cant comment on the performance that two or more would produce in RAID however they are said to be rather quick indeed. If anyone has any info on the drives then feel free to pop it in this thread so others can have a read over it too.

Andy

Soldato
Andrew,

Could you not benchmark two for us? Surely someone there wants to buy two at staff price?! :)

If any builds come in wanting a pair then I'll have a look into it for you. For the time being Im sure some reviews will hit shortly showing this.

**previous post updated with a single unit review**

THIS WEEK ONLY, £29.99 INC VAT :)

Andy

Associate
I'm intrigued by the performance of these purely for a games and application drive. I keep tempting myself with SSD but just cannot justify the outlay for the drive.

A decent mechanical drive in raid is a nice alternative.

Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom