Computer will not turn on

Associate
Hi there.

I am writing this post tonight as my PC has failed to turn on all day. I have dusted, checked the connections, etc. As far as I can tell (which I admit is not much, not amazingly technical) everything is in place and looks ok. I can also not smell anything burning, which is sometimes a sign of something going wrong.

I realise my warranty has run out, but I wanted to ask you guys if you knew of anything that would help my situation. I think it may be the actual power supply, as the power lead that i connect into the back of my PC works (I have two). I also would like to pinpoint what is wrong, as I do not want to buy a new power supply if it is not needed.

My old order number was OC849456.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Regards,

David.

Associate
Has your motherboard got any lit led's when plugged in?

Tbh it could be anything, not just the power supply. Motherboard, cpu, etc. If you aren't technical then there's too much of a risk that you'll cause more problems by trying anything I suggest. That's why no one else has replied sooner.

Have you got any friends who build or fix computers you could ask to take a look? Make sure you buy them some beers or give them money - I hate it when friends expect work like this done for free especially if it takes a long time.

Associate
Dont suggest the lube !!! , gets everywhere :p ...

Yes , if i was your friend, ask me to trouble shoot it, im technically savvy and have beck ups of all the practical parts, psu's , ram , hard drives...

Bring your pc over to my house, bring me two six packs of Magners long necks, i wont take money im your friend (although i'd like to) .

And i'll tell you in 2 days time where you need to put 100 pounds to fix whatever is in the machine that broke.

P.S. Everyone has a tech savvy friend. if you dont then you live in a shoe...

Last edited:
Permabanned
Dont suggest the lube !!! , gets everywhere :p ...

Yes , if i was your friend, ask me to trouble shoot it, im technically savvy and have beck ups of all the practical parts, psu's , ram , hard drives...

Bring your pc over to my house, bring me two six packs of Magners long necks, i wont take money im your friend (although i'd like to) .

And i'll tell you in 2 days time where you need to put 100 pounds to fix whatever is in the machine that broke.

P.S. Everyone has a tech savvy friend. if you dont then you live in a shoe...

looooooooooool .... this is the truth. But OP.... how confident are you with taking your pc apart and starting to do checks with different componants?

Back
Top Bottom