New season means new board! :)

Associate
So the new season is upon us (almost) and I am drooling over the new range of snowboards available!!
But I have one question, what is the deal with the Libtech Skate Banana prices? 400-500quid for a board is a little steep. Now I know of their reputation but if you are like me and use your board for anything more than looking pretty, you would understand this is a lot of loot for something you gonna show so hard love to!

Anyone actually used/owned one to shed insight as to why they are so pricey?

Associate
OP
They are an american brand which have been slowely working their way over this side of the world...
My local shop is rammed full of them! I feel they might stay like that at those prices...

Soldato
Top of the range boards have always been around that price.
Rocker boards are still considered new (they have only really been around for 2-3 seasons) so they generally cost a bit more.

Im still fairly happy with my boards and wont be looking for anything new this year (except maybe bindings).

Associate
I did last season on a rocker, the tip and tail are just less catchy, makes them more playful. The downside is they are less stable when carving. Thats it reallly.

Associate
OP
Yeh after looking more into them they claim they are designed around a banana - hence the name. I suppose good marketing, make a catchy name and whack the price up 20%.

Yeh rockers have been around a while, Used a Bataleon for a while which has something similar and I must say not a lot comes close to the ride you get on them...

Yeh top end boards do cost a bundle, but like they don't even have an entry level price which most brands tend to have. Meh Might stick with Bataleon or go for a DWD board which I am quite fond of.

Anyone have an opinion on the new Rome boards because I have heard good things about them...

Associate
Can't say I've noticed decent boards ever being cheap!

May I introduce you to Mr Atomic Hatchet. Best board I've owned - £220.

Would love to try a rocker board sometime as I used to skate a load and it's meant to be quite a similar feel.

Last edited:
Soldato
I am a K2 fanboy and have been riding them for years now.

Numerous Eldo's and Zep's.

This year it is a toss up between a K2 Slayblade, or a Bateleon Undisputed.

Got to be trying the reverse camber / flatline boards.

Rode a Burton one last season for a couple of days but the name evades me. What absolute fun. :D

Associate
May I introduce you to Mr Atomic Hatchet. Best board I've owned - £220.

Would love to try a rocker board sometime as I used to skate a load and it's meant to be quite a similar feel.

I second this. Mines about three seasons old now and still love it. Also got a forum substance for the park but haven't had much use of it yet. I prefer the hatchet - such a great board which you can use for everything.

Skate banana were basically the first to bring out rocker i think. If you look now though pretty much everyone is using rocker tech in their boards.

On a side not I'm off to Japan this season for three months. Cant wait!!!!!

Associate
I'm getting a new board this season but i just don't know what to get... I'm an intermediate rider who is just starting to do rails and kickers but my current board is pretty stiff and heavy so I'm wanting something lighter and more flexible that I can throw around. my budget is around £400 for the board and I'm going to be getting new bindings also later on. Any ideas what i should look out for?

Associate
OP
I'm getting a new board this season but i just don't know what to get... I'm an intermediate rider who is just starting to do rails and kickers but my current board is pretty stiff and heavy so I'm wanting something lighter and more flexible that I can throw around. my budget is around £400 for the board and I'm going to be getting new bindings also later on. Any ideas what i should look out for?

The best advice I can give is to go to a indoor slope and demo some boards. Because riding a board is a very personal thing especially when it comes to jibbing around and finding a board that feels right can make vastly effect how quickly you progress.

From what you have described I would recommend checking out any of the Bataleon boards notably the evil twin or fun kink.
The Burton Custom is a big favourite - as far as I am aware, they haven't changed it for a couple years now it's that good!
The Dinosaurs Will Die Maet is a nice shout but not to everyones taste.

Hell try every board they let you get your mits on!!! I recommend these boards as I found these the most fun and easiest to get to grips with.

Depending where you are, I know Milton Keynes do a free demo night where they bring out loads of park kit and have pros on the slopes to give tips. So check out when that is and hop along if you can. I think other slopes have similar events sometime soon.

Back
Top Bottom