F1 2010 problems (not the usual!)

Soldato
I’ve been having problems with F1 2010 since I formatted my hard drive and installed a fresh copy of XP. If it wasn’t for the fact it worked perfectly before I would have just put this down to usual performance issues with the game, but it’s ridiculously frustrating when last week it was running smoothly!

The game menus now tear when going from time trial to multiplayer etc, but the biggest problem is stuttery play. When playing on a time trial, the ghost car in particular will stutter and the gameplay in general is very stuttery.

I’ve tried higher/lower gfx settings and I’ve tried a different monitor. This makes no difference whatsoever and FPS are the same as they were before the format. So I’m assuming this is down to something not being installed?

I have installed:

Same ATI drivers as before
Mobo drivers (onboard sound)
Latest XP Updates
Audio Drivers
DX9 drivers
DVD drivers
GFWL

I have also tried using a different HD to record the replays, disabling Catalyst AI, disabled the Rapture sound, using a no DVD patch and I have defragged the HD after installing all the new drivers etc.

Is there something obvious I have missed? The only major thing to change since the format is the hard drive usage, I was using about 76gb out of 80gb before, and now I’m using about 25gb. Surely this would have a positive effect on performance? The fact it worked before the format is so annoying!

Back
Top Bottom