Geohot to make it rain again with Limera1n

Soldato
Probably a stupid question, but if you're already jailbroken with 4.0 how do you upgrade whilst maintaining all your Cydia files? Do you have to reinstall them all again afterwards?

Soldato
i'm on 4.01 on iphone 4 which is jailbrken, do i have to update to 4.1 and then use limera1n or just use limera1n and that updates the phone to 4.1 also?
I would say update first because of your changing jailbreak

Probably a stupid question, but if you're already jailbroken with 4.0 how do you upgrade whilst maintaining all your Cydia files? Do you have to reinstall them all again afterwards?
I would think same as above but not sure

On my ipod touch I had it jailbroken with jailbreakme, i just installed the newest firmware then used limera1n. Had a few problems with things.. but it could be the cydia apps for some reason. Might just say screw it... I only use my ipod for like a few games but mainly music while my iPad is the one i care about jailbreaking (which is already fine on the previous version)

Last edited:
Soldato
Ok used limra1n on my 4.1 iPhone 4 - had to restart for Cydia otherwise worked a treat :)

First app I want is LockInfo... does anyone know if it charges for updates or like most apps just the original price?

Soldato
lol @ the devteam, not happy chappys, good on geohot i say !!!
been following them on twitter, nothing but knarky kids with attitude i thought,

exactly what i thought !

only owned an iphone for 2 weeks and i was thinking the 'scene' was a bit up its own **** . completely unlike XDA

Associate
If I jailbreak my iPhone 3GS with Limera1n, are there any security concerns to worry about?

It will be my very first jailbreak and just thought i'd ask before going through with it.

Thanks

Soldato
If I jailbreak my iPhone 3GS with Limera1n, are there any security concerns to worry about?

It will be my very first jailbreak and just thought i'd ask before going through with it.

Thanks
No.

Actually there is a app which I think its on my iPad and it 'backup' jailbreaking stuff. (Let me find it) I haven't put it to test yet though
AptBackup
20101010151545.jpg

Last edited:
Man of Honour
I'll probably do this tonight, wasn't Greenpoison meant to be out today too? Is that now cancelled/delayed?

Is there a risk of bricking the phone when doing this (like there is with some Android phones), or does it have a fully working recovery system?

Soldato
Greenpoison is cancelled/delayed, yup.

Its possible to brick the phone, but plenty of ways to 'fix it' well not plenty but one always works :) of course don't hold me responsible if something goes wrong ;)

Soldato
which android phones can you brick ? i was under the impression its pretty damn hard to do it ! you would have to corrupt/damage the memory in some way

Man of Honour
which android phones can you brick ? i was under the impression its pretty damn hard to do it ! you would have to corrupt/damage the memory in some way

You can brick nearly all of them, its very uncommon and I suspect 99% of times there is a workaround but its always a risk.

I understand Limerain isn't a full release yet and Geohot works fast to patch any problems over the few days following release, so I'll hold off and see what happens over the next few days!

If and when I do this, I assume it voids any Apple warranty, as in they wont swap the phone in the shop for you anymore, or is this reversible now?

Back
Top Bottom