best router for gaming

Associate
hi
at the moment i use the home hub 2 from bt, can you plase recomand me a better router i play call of duty mw2 online. i don't need the wirless one but if is capable of wirless in a +.

Soldato
Weirdly, my DG834GT pings a consistent 7ms higher than my Linksys WAG160N. The WAG160N is useless for torrents though.

See if you can get hold of a WRT54G and put Tomato on it.

Caporegime
Like the Home Hub 2 he already has, if it can be talked into working in bridge mode.

You'd need to look at a second hand WRT54G now though to get one that would run Tomato. If you're buying new you'd be looking for a WRT54GL or a WRT*N (the latter should be faster, wireless aside, if nothing else).

Caporegime
If it's just your ping, are you sure the issue is the Home Hub?
Unless something else is using the connection at the same time, the router doesn't make that much difference to your ping times. The largest component of it is the trip from you to the whichever server you're interested in and that's mostly governed by simple physics (i.e the speed of transmission through an optical fibre or copper cable).

That's a roundabout way of saying no, that probably won't lower your ping in online games.

Associate
OP
all my aplication are close down when i play online. in the past a few weeks ago i was able to conect @ 90 ping now is @110 ping.

Back
Top Bottom