Winter 2010/2011

Associate
The silver lining to my recent break up :p walking home from his I used to get at least one random snow ball thrown at me from a random gang of lads. Like walking home through the wild west, will not miss it. As long as my brothers don't pee on snow balls and throw them at me this year, I want loads of snow!!

Caporegime
Hope the winter isn't as cold as last year. Never really liked the hot weather until quite recently, over the last few years I have grown to like it.

Last edited:
Soldato
No snow please.

In fact current weather/temps will do quite nicely through to the end of Feb. Then a bit of rain to top the reservoirs off followed by a decent spring/summer!

Soldato
I hope we don't get a real winter like last year, cba with all the snowballs flying around, all the salt on the roads, completely failing public transport, and being cold as hell. I like summer :(.

My perfect winter would be me chilling on the beach in the Caribbean somewhere or in Australia.

Can't stand the cold. Can't stand the darkness. Can't stand always catching a cold or even the flew in winter. Can't stand snow ( work is a ***** ( driving the vans), people with sharp gloves or similar scrubbing the snow off your car to throw snowballs creating scratches and swirls, all the salt on the roads eating in to your car, careful when walking (one of my mates broke his leg and couldn't walk for ages because of last winter), etcetc ). Can't stand having to use the heating ( expensive). Can't stand having to dress more appropriately ( I hate clothes, feel uncomfy in anything more than a boxer and outside I don't like wearing more than a t-shirt, but to not get cold I have to wear at least 2 shirts, a jacket, a coat, at least double socks, etcetc and still I often go home early when chilling outside simply because the cold is unbearable at night).

Give me a warm 25deg sunny day any time over any winter day.

Last edited:
Associate
No snow please.

In fact current weather/temps will do quite nicely through to the end of Feb. Then a bit of rain to top the reservoirs off followed by a decent spring/summer!

Sounds perfect and if possible I would like nice bright mornings and evenings.

Thanks. ;)

Man of Honour
[TW]Fox;17547310 said:
We will have a week or two of snow. Everyone will go bonkers again. People in Europe will shake heads again. We'll rush out and buy even more 4x4 vehicles to cope with the 2 weeks a year where you might be late for your office job.

Indeed, my Norwegian girlfriend comes close to utter disbelief when she witnesses the chaos caused here by a bit of snow :p

Soldato
I honestly hope snow comes this year, but does not last as long lol...

Also, my new job is walking distance (15 mins) so I would have no excuse for not making it in... Even though it's up and down a huge hill.

ags

Soldato
Winter is nominally rubbish, but with lots of snow it fast be comes the best time of year IMO. I don't get time off work, but most people don't make it in so it's nice and quiet and people have snowball fights in the car park which is always good fun.

The more snow the better as far as I'm concerned!

Soldato
Another Winter like last year would be great. It tickles me greatly that whenever an inch or more of snow hits London / daan saaf it's panic stations and the world is coming to an end :D.

Looking forward to those long countryside snowy walks.

Nix

Nix

Soldato
I don't really mind. Hopefully not too much rain though. As much as a love the varied weather system we have here, rainy winters do wear thin.

I'm definitely a summer person as when the sun's shining I just seem happier - although, summer in this country has always been uncomfortable and humid compared to abroad, so in that sense when the weather is fresher, it is better here.

I don't really care what the weather is, I'm just not looking forward to four months of over-cast, bleak and depressing skies that make it that much harder to fall out of bed.

Back
Top Bottom