Stuff you know that others wouldn't know because of your job.

Soldato
I found out that a girl I was seeing last year had glandular fever and didn't tell me.

I also know what a vaginal prolapse looks like, B-movie horror flicks use dry ice and virkon to produce that bubbly cauldron look, chinchillas will eat meat and old people are an unbelievable burden on the country's finances, especially where healthcare is concerned, but also in many, many more ways.

Also, no matter how high up someone is in medicine or management, if you know what you're talking about you can really make them look stupid. They hate it when their position doesn't carry as much weight as they think it should.

Associate
Probably not very relevant these days with technology having come a long way but..

I worked in a 'gadget/counter surveillance' section of a Police force for a while, and they had far better equipment than people realized at the time. We had some nifty technology for doing stuff on mobile phones, and some cracking hidden cameras and such, if I was a dodgy geezer I'd have been paranoid!

I also have a close friend in the SBS, and they get to do some crazy stuff!

Soldato
I know from my last job that for Madonna's latest DVD she had 12 VFX suites running solidly for ~6 months doing beauty work. I also had her address near Marble Arch.

Soldato
I know this as fact as there is a stall in Finmere market on a Sunday selling Tesco electrical returns and the stuff is really cheap as there are no guarantees because of this.

wil they open the box? ie, could i buy a ps3 and put a ps1 in the box for a refund

Soldato
I know that a three dimensional tube as apposed to a two dimensional integral fin tube in shell-tube condensor can vastly reduce the size of a heat exchanger in a thermal power plant and hence, lower running and operating costs.

Back
Top Bottom