Your best hardware purchases?

Associate
Gainward GeForce 4 Ti4600 "Golden Sample" - my first big bucks graphics card purchase and made my fave game at the time, Return to Castle Wolfenstein, look awesome!

Dell 2407WFP 24" monitor - still my main screen and not even thinking about changing it yet.

Antec P180 case - gone now but I miss that case, it was class.

Associate
how can anything that you bought 10years ago be your best ever purchase, wiseup ppl.

if your not listing your current best hardware then your an idiot.

Last edited:
how can anything that you bought 10years ago be your best ever purchase, wiseup ppl.

if your not listing your current best hardware then your an idiot.

I think you missed the point.

My best purchases are my sidewinder ff 2 joystick. I purchased that 10 years ago, and it still works flawlessly today.

My geforce ti4200 was also one of my best purchases. It was a sub £150 card, which overclocked to speeds faster than the most expensive card available at the time. That's like owning an HD5770 which overclocks to beat a gtx480. Nothing in my current setup gives bang 4 buck as impressive as that card.

Associate
then the thread should be called "best bang for buck part you bought years ago"

your "best hardware purchase" should always be your current fastest hardware. you have the best fastest purchase you can afford right now in your rig do u not?

Last edited:
Associate
The 8600GT I purchased a few years ago :')

Could max every game I threw at it (At the time/no AA/ Crysis@ high) and could be FULLY OC'd and run completely stable (I ran it at max OC for a the last 3 months of owning). It was like my best friend :')

And last month I upgraded to a GTX 465. Wasn't too impressed...

Soldato

your "best hardware purchase" should always be your current fastest hardware. you have the best fastest purchase you can afford right now in your rig do u not?

Nah I disagree. Back in my Barton 2500+ days, I had a midrange system that really worked its ass off for me and never let me down. I think that was the longest time I went without having to upgrade. I have my current hardware now as it works for me and it plays my current games, but if technology had not moved on I can bet you I would still have my 2500+ and my 9700pro!

Associate
an AMD 64 Dualcore is working away right now in my rig and has been for 6years (ahhh bless it). Although i have an i7 950 sitting beside me now ready to blow it to bits.

which is my best hardware purchase?

i know wot this thread is all about but title is wrong for the responces or responces is wrong for the title :)

Last edited:

I think you're using a very limited interpretation of the word "best". It doesn't have to mean the most powerful...... just whatever purchase you were the most pleased with.

Look at Sultan of Ping.... he mentioned his first top-end graphics card. That card never provided the best bang 4 buck, but it made him really happy because it made his favourite game run really well.

Associate
Hard to say, all my components have served me equally as well since i was diagnosed with upgradititus in sept 2006.

I can tell you my #1 at the moment is my evga 470 SC, with the backplate on turns it into the monolith from 2001.

Soldato
Radeon 5970
Corsair dominator-gt ddr3 1600C7
PII 965
Corsair 700D
hp 16GB flash drive
Logitech G500
Creative X-Fi titanium
Creative cambridge soundworks 2.1 speakers
XBOX 360 wireless controller for windows

:)

Soldato
Commodore Amiga lasted 7 years
AG Neovo 19" Glass Front TFT's - all 4 of them!
Microsoft Natrual 4000 Keyboard
Logitec MX610 left handed mouse.
Chieftec Dragon case, still in use.
Some Active speakers that are 15 year old but still used daily.

Back
Top Bottom