Big Bike Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
Talking of cows :p a couple of pics from my jaunt today...

DSC01242.jpg

DSC01241.jpg

Capodecina
Soldato
Wow, I didn't know this thread was here [not that I actually looked].

Don't really know how to contribute other to say that I bought my 'first' bike the other day, a B'Twin Rockrider 5.1. I'm having a great time with it and have already had two lights stolen! Still, I'm learning about security. I bought it because round Surrey Quays and Rotherhithe is the perfect place to go biking. I have discovered so much more about the area because of it [and the pubs].

I had never heard of B'Twin before and bought it because there's a massive stockist up the road. How are they thought of as a brand?

Associate
Trying to shed a bit of weight off my bike at the minute.

Its a large carbon enduro s-works and currently weights 15.6kg

Would you say thats heavy for carbon full susser:confused:

Soldato
Trying to shed a bit of weight off my bike at the minute.
Its a large carbon enduro s-works and currently weights 15.6kg
Would you say thats heavy for carbon full susser:confused:

My large carbon Enduro SL weighs 12.3KG

What spec are you running?

:: EDIT ::
Just weighed the bike as i've changed some parts and it's a little heavier now - 13.2kg.
This is with 2.4 Maxxis tyres, e13 chain guide & bash guard and a wider DH bar.

Last edited:
Soldato
I need a some advice, I’m a little annoyed tonight as I put my Hope wheelset on STW for sale a few days ago. Had a reply and this guy wanted a photo. However Today I went out to Ashton Court Bristol for a quick spin and the cassette came loose on the Rovals. Got home and the Lock ring was still tight. :confused:

Got the chain whip and managed to get the lock ring off no problems. I got the Cassette off with a bit of trouble.

1: What’s has caused this? Cassette? Or hub?
2: Is the Roval sellable? Obviously if I provide photos and the buyer see this?
3: I’ve put the cassette on the un-used new Hope hub. Will the same happen?
4: Can I continue to use the Roval wheel or is it now damaged. If it is I will use the Hope and obviously not sell anything. :mad:

Edit - Its a shimano SLX cassette. HG-81

Idealy I will continue to use the Roval and sell the Hope's. I dont feel that the Hope's give me much more compared to the Rovals. around 100g in total and a very load clicky noise.

Last edited:
Soldato
Thats funny that you have said alu with alu. I'd agree but the Cassette came with the bike direct from Specialized.

I will call Wheelies tomorrow and get a new wheel with a XT cassette. Knowing this I better not use the Hope wheel that I have just built up with the SLX cassette. I dont want the same happening after 70miles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom