Awkward moments

Caporegime
So apparently some of my friends do certain things if an awkward moment occurs...

One does something with her hands and does an "awkward turtle", another apparently pulls at the bottom of her t-shirt/jumper and yet another does something else.

Anyone else ever heard of this? Personally I think they are a bit mental but maybe I'm in the minority by not having my own motion?:p

Mat

Mat

Soldato
Just have a motion then when things get awkward... you'll soon distract everyone from the original awkwardness.

Soldato
It's an American thing. They were doing "Awkward Turtle" and "shady" and all that in the states at least as far back in 2008. It was stupid then and it's stupid now.

Caporegime
I do a little pelvic thrust dance

:D

I tend to look away and break eye contact :o, regain some of my lost composure then resume looking at them again as I speak. Sometimes I crack jokes and 'go into character' but this doesn't always work.

Caporegime
OP
It's an American thing. They were doing "Awkward Turtle" and "shady" and all that in the states at least as far back in 2008. It was stupid then and it's stupid now.

Ahh, that explains it then. :p

Stupid American things. ;)

At least she didn't make it up.:D

Soldato
Best thing to do is say out loud...

"Well, this is awkward!"

This is what I do.

That or I end up overly apologising and over-try to explain how things never meant to be/end up being awkward.

Basically just end up in such a cuffudle that the person feels sorry for the gibbering mess I become, laugh at me and tell me not to worry about it.

Back
Top Bottom